Kitchens in Yorkshire

(15 Posts)
steview Fri 03-Jan-14 19:14:06

First timer here so be gentle!

We are hoping to get a new kitchen within the next 6 months. Have saved up and looking for painted wooden look.

Our kitchen is a bit quirky in shape/size so it's likely that we'll need somethings bespoke.

Having looked around previous threads there are loads of positive comments about Higham in the South but we are Yorkshire based (near Leeds).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Choccybaby Fri 03-Jan-14 19:46:12

Richard pooley in summerbridge between Harrogate and pateley bridge does painted kitchens at a good price.
Am currently saving up for mine. Was the best quality one I came accross in the area for a decent price.

pinksomething Fri 03-Jan-14 20:18:41

There's a company in Louth, Lincs called Murdoch Troon. They are awesome. Don't know if you're a bit too far though.

pinksomething Fri 03-Jan-14 21:23:21

Ooh, no if you look on the website they are very flexible. Google Murdoch Troon. The website tells you all about how they work.

steview Fri 03-Jan-14 21:24:57

Thanks - both these look right up our street style wise. We'll investigate further.

hanloumac Fri 03-Jan-14 21:33:30

Donald Harrison in Huddersfield,

ItStillLooksLikeRainDear Fri 03-Jan-14 21:40:31

Russell & Hutton based in Sheffield is great, they do cover Leeds too.

www.russellhutton.co.uk/Home.aspx

Kingsley Fitted Furniture Leeds based in Armley. No website, no email address but have a workshop/showroom you can visit. High-end framed kitchen (spray colour matched to any paint colour - we went for a F&B colour). Crazily incredibly good value, so much so that we are going to use them again, even though we now live in the South. PM me if you want to see a photo of the kitchen they did for us (from our sales particulars).

schloss Sat 04-Jan-14 11:48:03

Hi,

We used Painted Kitchens Direct in Settle. I have some photos of our kitchen if helps?

Schloss

wonkylegs Sat 04-Jan-14 13:03:44

Its a bit further north but we are currently having an absolutely beautiful kitchen made by Oakstone in Darlington.
Stephen has a good flair for detail & making the most of a space & the craftsmanship is truly brilliant.
I am in love with ours and it's only half in.

InsertUsernameHere Sat 04-Jan-14 16:38:07

Your not too far away from diy kitchens. Quite a different proposition to the others suggested. They do do painted kitchens - we looked at it and have chosen (but not ordered yet so can't comment on that side of things) a colour which they do a colour matched carcass. If the carcass isn't colour matched with lay on doors you can get flashes of the carcass colour which would bug me especially as I'm short and always end up seeing the underneath of things tall builder types never see

Daisybell1 Sun 05-Jan-14 13:29:58

To give you another option we've just had our kitchen supplied by Evo Kitchens. Paul's in Manchester but will supply all over. He has a massive range and the guy has the patience of a saint!

greenangel Tue 28-Jan-14 17:31:53

Schloss, how did you find dealing with Paintedkitchensdirect? We are looking at planning our kitchen with them at the moment, Any feedback about them and their kitchens would be amazing, thank you masses in advance!

Quite a few of these smaller bespoke places don't offer a planning service, so bear that in mind . So add a bit to your budget to hire a freelance designer who will come up with a design as bespoke as your manufacturer, that makes the kitchen work just how you want it to !
:-)

schloss Wed 29-Jan-14 11:58:52

Hi,

I found Painted Kitchens Direct very good. I went along to see them in Settle. They have a very small showroom but as they make everything to fit there are not any standard sizes. What I did like is their manufacturing and packing, plus painting workshops are on the same site, so had a look round! It was good to see everything being made.

They came out to measure (old house no straight walls). Delivered when they said, so all in all very good.

I dealt with Daniel and David.

I was searching similar to yourself for suitable companies. When I saw their website I was a little sceptical about them as they looked good and reasonably priced, however I was concerned it would be another not particularly solid kitchen, not hand built or hand painted etc, or worse case imported! Hence why I went to see them.

If you send me an email address I will send you some pics of our kitchen. Just one final thing, we bought our own handles but they are happy to get them. They also advised a company to use for the granite we used for the worksurfaces.

Hope that helps!

S.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now