Can't decide whether to extend or do a garden office.

(31 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Mon 23-Dec-13 16:22:37

We could do with a bit more living space/teen hangout.

Currently have a sitting room, large kitchen/diner and a utility room downstairs.

Option one is to extend across the back of the house, full width. We'd get a second sitting room overlooking the garden with a small loo. Seeing as we don't have a downstairs loo then I guess that's a bonus, though lack of loo doesn't bother me too much. We'd have a sofa, TV in it. Downside is that I need space for dd's drum kit (electric kit) so that would be part of the house but she can turn the volumne down I guess. Current kitchen/diner would become an internal room which I'm not sure I'm keen on.

Option two is to get a really good quality garden office. Properly insulated, plastered, under floor heating, electricity. Would be a really cool space for dd and her friends. Drum kit would be well out the way. I'm guessing it would be quite a bit cheaper than an extension and less hassle. Just concerned it wouldn't be used as much???

Any thoughts?

OfficeSupplies Tue 24-Dec-13 20:48:09

Oooooh now I know what I want for Christmas!

Kitttty Tue 24-Dec-13 21:26:24

I still think that they have to be 5 m from the house?

Loving tiny house...can you drive then around like a caravan -- now that would be cool - killing two birds with one stone - space at home and then a holiday home -- M

VivaLeBeaver Tue 24-Dec-13 22:25:39

It'd be more than 5m from the house. Garden is over 100ft long.

Yes you can tow the tiny houses around. Imagine pulling up at a campsite with one. grin

Only problem is that I only have a narrow gate into the garden. So I'm not sure wed get a tiny house in the garden.....possibly with a crane over the house. hmm

Love the tiny houses! But that brings up another idea? What about a cheap caravan in the garden for drum set and teenage hangout, AND an extension? Treat yourself, it's Christmas fsmile.

echt Thu 26-Dec-13 07:01:28

OP - why does your neighbour's extension/ pipes overhang the boundary?

VivaLeBeaver Thu 26-Dec-13 08:09:06

Because he's a twat? grin

We didnt live here when he built the extension. He did it himself so I think just did what he wanted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now