Omg look at this amazing flat!

(40 Posts)
Mintyy Thu 21-Nov-13 13:50:20

I love it but the layout looks all wrong from the floorplans.

gorgeous

lalalonglegs Fri 22-Nov-13 08:44:04

Gorgepus but, yes, crap layout. I thought £700k was a bit toppy for the area: it's essentially Sydenham isn't it? Is it the road with the lovely Lubetkin house?

Mintyy Fri 22-Nov-13 09:01:18

Yes £700,000, definitely ambitious.

dalekslinger Fri 22-Nov-13 09:04:49

I love it

bigTillyMint Fri 22-Nov-13 09:05:55

It is stunning (appart from the curtains!), but would need a complete remodelling on the rooms to make it work. And that might be difficult given the huge fireplaces, etc. And I agree, a rather ambitious price!

I love it, great location.

Would love to live on that road

AryaofhouseQuark Fri 22-Nov-13 15:25:45

It's beautiful, I love it.

AryaofhouseQuark Fri 22-Nov-13 15:28:18

The heating bills and refurbishment work would worry me a lot more than the layout, which wouldn't be that much of a problem for me.

Rockdoctor Fri 22-Nov-13 15:41:02

Curtains and heating bills may be related - someone has lopped all the curtains off above the level of the radiators to try and access every bit of warmth from them (I know - it was the first thing we did in our house smile)

DelGirl Fri 22-Nov-13 15:41:35

Love it and I think the lay out could easily be rejigged. I'd have the middle reception as kitchen/diner and main bed/ensuite next to that. Make the 3rd bed into the 2nd bed with ensuite then study/bed 3 and cloakroom/shower room.

That could be gorgeous!

I wonder if it was one house at one point. I imagine so. It must have been lovely.

It would be really easy (if expensive!) to sort that out.

I'd knock out all those daft little walls and turn the current bathroom into a bedroom. Move the kitchen to the front bedroom, make the small bedroom the bathroom, split the big bedroom. make the second reception room a dining room,.

In fact, just cos I always love doing it, I've redone the floor plan it's on my profile.

Now all I need is to win the lottery...

saragossa2010 Fri 22-Nov-13 16:03:08

You can get a whole house, freehold, with 5 beds in Sydenham for £685m,000 so why pay the same price for a mere flat with 2 fewer bedrooms in some badly converted house which is only leasehold?

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38271688.html

Quangle Fri 22-Nov-13 16:10:47

Love it. Not sure I'd know what to do with the room with the dark wood panelling - looks like the sort of room a DH would want to put a full snooker table in...

WannabeFayeMouse Fri 22-Nov-13 16:11:33

I can see why you like it, but it does look a bit potentially money pitty. See how there are two sets of electric sockets - I'd wonder if someone's done a botch job. Are there new channels through the walls because the last wires burnt out?

Does it say anywhere how long is left on the lease? That would affect price dramatically too.

But agreed, it could be made lovely. Excuse me while I fall over at London prices :-)

valiumredhead Fri 22-Nov-13 16:50:38

It's far too pricey, we have friends who have just sold an enormous flat in Highgate for not too much more than that and it was immaculate.

I keep looking at it longingly...<sigh>

valiumredhead Fri 22-Nov-13 17:24:34

Actually it was 150k more-weird how when discussing London prices 150k is 'not a lot' shock - but it would take LOADS to get that up to scratch and it would be a real money pit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now