Blackboard paint

(7 Posts)
treaclesoda Mon 11-Nov-13 12:27:31

I have a downstairs living room that is currently used as a playroom. If I painted a wall, or part of a wall, with blackboard paint, is the wall ruined forever? Or would it be easy enough to just paint or wallpaper the wall again at a later date when they are older and no longer in need of a playroom?

treaclesoda Mon 11-Nov-13 12:28:03

Not sure what being downstairs has to do with it blush

CrocodileScream Mon 11-Nov-13 12:29:51

You'll need to use a few coats to cover it. Other than that it's fine. I have done this.

I would assume it would be OK - might need a good sanding down before painting over when you want to go back to normal paint. Might also need an extra coat or two to completely cover the blackboard paint.

As an aside, do you know you can make your own blackboard paint, in whatever colour you like? It's on Pinterest - I haven't tried it myself, would love to know if it works!

treaclesoda Mon 11-Nov-13 12:38:08

That's good to know. Its a playroom at the moment, but I know that if we ever sell we'd be better showing it as another living room.

Home made blackboard paint eh? That's interesting, will check it out, but I'm probably too much of a scaredy cat to try it in case I make a mess of it!

slug Mon 11-Nov-13 13:14:06

Try painting a few coats of this underneath the blackboard paint. Though make sure it's well stirred <<speaks from experience>>

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 11-Nov-13 13:54:18

Agree it's not too bad to remove. There was some in our house when we moved in. A good sand and a few coats of white got rid of it. Certainly not hard enough work to put you off having it in the first place iyswim?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now