Help on bathroom costings please

(2 Posts)
SarahBeenysBumblingApprentice Mon 11-Nov-13 11:29:08

I know that there's another thread about bathrooms going but I had some different questions about costings and was hoping that you could help.

We have a quote from a husband of a colleague for stripping our bathroom, removing the electric shower, fitting mixer shower, supplying and fitting a pump, fitting the bath and screen, moving and fitting a loo, fitting a basin, moving a radiator and fitting a heated towel rail and boarding over the ceiling and fitting new down lifters. And the tiling, nearly forgot that! This comes to £1860 not including vat. Firstly, does this sound reasonable? I thought it was but a friend thinks otherwise; the guy in question has done work for is before which we were happy with. We aren't in London.

Secondly, how much should we be looking to spend on basic ceramic items, bath, taps etc. I wanted to get decent quality but not extravagant taps and shower and wanted to get cheap but not poor quality white stuff. We'll be selling this house on in about 4 years.

I have the ideal standard brochure in front of me and it's giving me a heart attack- £2k for the stuff we need. Surely it's got to get better than that?

TIA

SarahBeenysBumblingApprentice Mon 11-Nov-13 11:33:21

Gah, title should read costings! Sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now