Buyer's support thread part 2

(1000 Posts)
BogStandardOldWoman Fri 08-Nov-13 21:13:27

Starting a new thread for when we all spill over..

ohhifruit

Have you not had a fixture and fittings list and all those details? It is very quick!

We are 4 weeks in tomorrow, still waiting on mortgage offer. Survey seems ok now. Got someone to look at the roof he is not concerned. Surveyor hasn't even bothered to reply to queries I sent him last week. Got his money not interested now!!

Seller still not offered on a place but have indicated on form that they don't need to complete their purchase to move out. They are going to Ireland and have family there.

ohhifruit Mon 17-Feb-14 14:37:52

dietstartsmoney
We received a letter from the EA a week after our revised offer was accepted saying the vendor had accepted and that it would include (items we asked for) curtains, curtain poles, carpets and cooker. But nothing more. Do we need to request a formal fixtures and fittings list?
The vendors are moving to an inherited home, so I think this makes it faster as no purchase is required at their end. We were scared at first as EA misinformed us and said they hadn't even started looking.

Glad to hear the builder thinks the roof is ok! That's a weight off your mind.

TunipTheUnconquerable Mon 17-Feb-14 14:46:54

Good to hear about your roof, Diet.

I think my change-of-use will be a minimum of a month because they have to display a notice about it publicly and people have to have a chance to object. Gives me time to read more about what to do about the woodworm, though.

LtEveDallas Mon 17-Feb-14 14:49:32

I'm very grumpy today. Our Surveyor picked up a couple of red issues, the bank still hasn't sent the paperwork to our solicitor because their surveyor still insists we have an extra bedroom, and our solicitor is a mardy sarcastic old cow.

Oh and we still haven't had the revised fixtures and fittings list back that the seller completed wrongly, and the Estate Agent dealing with us/the seller is away all week.

Humf.

TunipTheUnconquerable Mon 17-Feb-14 15:03:41

Oh, that all sounds very annoying indeed, LtEve.

ohhifruit
Yes I would say you should. it was on another form which forms part of the contract where the seller has to declare everything. I would have thought you should have seen this by now. Ask for the full contract maybe?

Tunip
hope your change goes through easily. Yes it has been a weight off my mind over the roof!

LtEve its so easy for delays to come from silly things isn't it. hope you get it all sorted.

I am NEVER moving again!

Leodensian Mon 17-Feb-14 16:46:21

That all sounds like you're grumpiness is very justified LtEve

OhFruit we got a form for the fixtures and fittings. It was completed by the vendor then sent to is via solicitors.

Annoying the surveyor isn't getting back to you Diet but at least the builder has been able to set your mind at ease over the roof.

We had confirmation that the valuation survey is good (phew!) so now we just have to figure out how to pay for all the searches! We have the money it's just a matter of juggling it into current accounts out of an old building soviet account that we can apparently only access in person ...in Leeds!

I'm also trying to remember if there we're draws in the kitchen! Sounds crackers but I honestly only remember cupboards!

LtEveDallas Mon 17-Feb-14 18:51:59

I've got to the bottom of the stupid bank surveyors mistake. Apparently the seller has put a bed in the downstairs room.

FGS. A bed doesn't automatically make a room a bedroom. She's not sleeping there, it's a new bed for her new place!

I've just spent 30 minutes arguing over this. Dear God what are we paying for here?

god knows they are bloody rubbish

lessonsintightropes Mon 17-Feb-14 21:26:44

I think I also need to pull up a bar stool in the kitchen of woe.

We put our place on the market early November, had some buggering about with multiple offers, one buyer pulled out and thankfully the second ones were still keen. We dropped the asking price following the survey by 18k (we thought our EAs were taking the michael with the price anyway but didn't want to sell it for less than it was worth). They are FTBers and seem keen.

We then put in an offer on a place in mid November which was accepted. The seller is an elderly disabled lady and hadn't started even looking by late Jan, so we regretfully started looking, and had another offer accepted somewhere else this weekend, and pulled out of the purchase. Whilst I feel a bit bad about this, she knew we were keen to move and hasn't shown any interest in even looking at other places, and our FTBers are chomping at the bit.

So we are now going full speed ahead on the other purchase and will be putting in the mortgage application tomorrow. Our vendors will be cash buyers but haven't started looking... this is now 3.5 months since our buyers put in the offer and we are really worried they will just get cross and start again - although they have invested in legal work and survey etc so hopefully not.

So stressful - and I am so cross with the EAs dealing with both our sale and first abortive purchase for just bullsh*tting all the way through to try and get an easy fee without trying to move things along.

Wish us luck!

lesson
that is a long time. i feel for you

TunipTheUnconquerable Tue 18-Feb-14 15:06:32

Just been for our first visit since getting the survey.
Everything is really so much less bad than the surveyor implies. Some very localised patches of damp with obvious causes, one small area of woodworm, half of one gable needs retiling.... I will eat my hat if there is dry rot, honestly. Garden was looking beautiful.

i have decided surveyors are full of crap!!

SteeleyeStan Wed 19-Feb-14 10:08:37

LtEve I just can't believe the level of rubbish of that. confused (But I'm now considering trying to shove a bed into our closet to turn the 2-bed into a lovely 3-bed! Does the bed have to be horizontal, do you think?)

Ohhi Yes I think requesting more information sounds like a good idea.

Tunip Glad to hear you got to visit and it was reassuring. We haven't been back to our future house for months now! I'm glad I took loads of pictures last time. I really didn't understand all the survey comments, either. Ours wrote that all the kitchen fixtures and fittings were old and "would need replacing in future" - it's an Ikea kitchen fitted a few years ago and looks brand new to me. (I'm used to ancient rented kitchens, but still.)

diet. Yes, never moving again! I don't care what will happen in the future; this house will just have to do!

Leo Good news about the valuation. I wish I'd realised we needed all the money "ready to go" at a moment's notice. As it was we had the deposit ready, but had to move money over from savings account for the solicitor's fee etc. and it took a few days - even the EA phoned to prompt us to pay already...

lesson Welcome to the kitchen of woe. That sounds so frustrating and worrying! No wonder some of these chains take ages, if people don't even bother looking for new places, but happy to accept offers. hmm

I have no new woe to report. I want boxes, though, so I can pack already.

Preciousbane Wed 19-Feb-14 12:12:26

We get our surveyors report back tomorrow so having looked through posts here I'm getting more nervous.

Can I ask what people think of this. List of fixtures and fittings was a bit wrong. Our solicitor spoke to vendors and we have a letter agreeing to the three things missed off. Is that enough or should we ask for a new fixtures and fittings list? We are still four weeks minimum from moving date.

TunipTheUnconquerable Wed 19-Feb-14 12:24:39

I would be happy enough with a letter, as long as it's a proper, official, signed and dated one.

mortgage offer in. have to be in by end of april!

Preciousbane Wed 19-Feb-14 21:31:57

Had survey in

Two bad things, a suspicious crack that they reckon needs a structural engineer to look at

The extension roof is not a bad roof but the way it attaches to main roof is bad. Well it was more technical than that obviously.

Mate is a builder so awaiting to speak to him in first instance.

lessonsintightropes Wed 19-Feb-14 23:09:35

diet that's great news! And potentially enough time re end of April move date - are you in a long chain?

preciousbane are they downgrading what they would offer you?

littlecrystal Wed 19-Feb-14 23:16:43

How long does it normally take to get the survey report back? My buyer did the survey on my house 2 weeks ago. I am sure few red flags would have picked up with my house (damp, cracks, past movement) and I would be surprised if my buyer would not try to reduce their offer. It has just been very quiet from his side and I am not sure if he has seen the survey or not (otherwise he has been very pushy FTB).

In the meantime my circumstances have changed and I am likely to pull out myself but just hoping that the survey will do the pulling out job for me.

precious The roof issue is exactly what we had. So technically written we didn't understand. Have taken a builder round and he is happy with roof. They off course had to change the structure to extend and it appears the surveyor didn't really look into what they had put up, just said its different how do you know it does the job. Planning permission and building regs were there for the extension so we are ok.
Hope its easy for you.

lesson Just us and the sellers currently. They are moving to Ireland and have not yet offered, as a large holding deposit has to placed there on offer. However they have indicated they have family there and do not need their purchase to complete to move. So we should be fine. I am actually pushing for the end of march!

little We had our survey back in 5 working days, so a week really. Felt like forever. Sorry to hear you may have to pull out

littlecrystal Thu 20-Feb-14 10:43:46

dietstartsmonday thanks. My buyer was super pushy and now all of a sudden I don't hear from him for the whole 2 weeks after the survey.
Will wait and see what's going on.

SteeleyeStan Thu 20-Feb-14 11:13:42

Great news, diet!

Precious, I hope the issues aren't too serious, and your builder mate can give you some clarity on the whole issue.

Little - We had our survey results after five working days, too.

^We've exchanged!^ grin

TunipTheUnconquerable Thu 20-Feb-14 11:16:52

Whoopee!!! Congratulations on exchange, Steeleye grin

Preciousbane Thu 20-Feb-14 11:32:40

Congratulations Steeleye

Builder booked in for Monday morning, have informed solicitor and she was absolutely get a builder round. EA asked for the survey, I didn't like that at all. He obviously doesn't wantthe sale to fail but we are not idiots and what he says will make no difference whatsoever on if this sale proceeds.

Diet hopefully the issue will be similar to yours.
Little survey results emailed to us on day 4 working days after being done.

This thread is not accepting new messages.