Can anyone recommend a good removals company SE London / Kent?

(13 Posts)
NanooCov Thu 31-Oct-13 17:44:40

Any recommendations for a removal company in SE London and Kent would be appreciated. Moving end of November and my last move ten years ago was Scotland to London so obviously that company won't do! TIA.

BananaPie Thu 31-Oct-13 20:43:38

We used www.caseysremovals.com would recommend. Packing service was excellent!

HappyAsEyeAm Thu 31-Oct-13 20:57:22

We used caseys too, and they were great. Excellent and very reasonably priced packing service, and lots of care taken.

hickory Thu 31-Oct-13 22:05:27

We also used caseys. They are great. I can't recommend them highly enough!

NK5BM3 Thu 31-Oct-13 22:20:36

We used Colin Batt (2 years ago) and they came highly recommended. Very careful both moving out and moving in. Packing too. Very competitively priced too. http://www.colinbattremovals.co.uk/

NK5BM3 Thu 31-Oct-13 22:21:03

[http://www.colinbattremovals.co.uk/]

Allinafankle Thu 31-Oct-13 23:14:04

We moved from SE London to Kent in July and used James Removals based in Blackheath I think. Would highly recommend them. And use the packing service - so worth the money!

peachsmuggler Fri 01-Nov-13 08:23:55

Would you mind letting me know roughly what the costs were including packing?

NanooCov Fri 01-Nov-13 09:18:57

Thanks all - will get DH on the case. I'm a bit of a control freak with most things but am happily delegating responsibility for sorting the movers to him. And I definitely want to have the packing service but will have to see what the cost comparison comes out like.

oscarwilde Fri 01-Nov-13 12:43:11

James Removals in Blackheath too. Excellent service and they have a storage service too if you want to leave some stuff in store while you do any work, or hold it overnight while you have your new house cleaned or fumigated as I should have done.

oscarwilde Fri 01-Nov-13 12:45:12

They'll send a surveyor around to have a quick run around the house and estimate the costs. V quick.

SunnyUpNorth Fri 01-Nov-13 18:01:28

See this thread...

anyaa Fri 05-Feb-16 14:15:27

Safe Removals were great. Good price, great service, very polite people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now