Hotpoint, Beko or indesit for a washing machine? please

(28 Posts)
Arohaitis Wed 23-Oct-13 23:24:41

SO I have started this in chat too but it is all about AF on there at the moment so sorry for having one here too.

Needs to be cheap, reliable and simple

could have somethign else instead

thanks

ohforfoxsake Wed 23-Oct-13 23:26:01

Our Hotpoint lasted for about 15 years so have replaced it with another. HTH

Arohaitis Wed 23-Oct-13 23:26:41

thanks

Longdistance Wed 23-Oct-13 23:30:00

I have a Beko washing machine and fridge freezer that I bought as package in 2001 still working. And no sign of it packing up.

FlabbyAdams Wed 23-Oct-13 23:30:33

My Beko is my longest lasting washer atm. 6 years old and only cost £189 - I was a bit unsure about buying it as always had Bosch etc before but was super skint at the time I needed a new one so literally chose on price and nothing elde.

If my washer died tomorrow I would consider another Beko above everything else because despite it being so fdamn cheap it has surpassed all my expectations and in some ways I prefer it to my old Bosch I had before.

CatAmongThePigeons Thu 24-Oct-13 14:10:35

I had a Beko, in the 6 years we had it it broke every 3 months. Luckily we had a warranty out on it. Currently have an Indesit and it is good!

wetaugust Thu 24-Oct-13 17:42:39

My BEKO wahing machine was bought in summer 2003 - so it's now 10 years old.

It replaced a Bosch washing machine that lasted only 3 years (and was twice the price).

iseenodust Thu 24-Oct-13 17:47:22

Not Beko. Read the fire incidents.

Preciousbane Thu 24-Oct-13 17:48:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Awks Thu 24-Oct-13 17:50:58

Hotpoint and Indesit are the same company now. Beko are made in Poland and the spare parts are kept there I think so I'd say not them unless you want a looooong wait if anything goes wrong.

Bunbaker Thu 24-Oct-13 17:55:35

According to Which the most reliable washing machine brands are as follows:

Miele92%excellent
Bosch88%very good
John Lewis87%very good
LG87%very good
Beko85%very good
AEG/AEG Electrolux83%very good
Zanussi /Zanussi Electrolux83%very good
Siemens80%good
Whirlpool80%good
Hotpoint78%good
Indesit77%good
Hoover73%poor
Candy66%poor

I have been married for over 32 years and have only ever owned two washing machines - Zanussi and Bosch, both extremely reliable.

bunjies Thu 24-Oct-13 18:19:27

Not having had either hotpoint or Belo I recommend indesit as they've been good for us.

FlabbyAdams Fri 25-Oct-13 16:11:45

I thought the Beko fires were one batch of fridges.

Anyone able to link to Beko washer fires? I have a 61/2 yo Beko washer. Would like to know its chances of bursting into flames.

Longdistance Fri 25-Oct-13 21:07:43

Yes, it was the fridges. Mine was on the list hmm I had an engineer come out and fiddle with it. It still works fine, even though both my washing machine and fridge freezer are 12 years old smile

skyblue11 Fri 25-Oct-13 22:03:53

None of those, false economy, go for Bosch or John Lewis, excellent guarantees

FlabbyAdams Fri 25-Oct-13 23:28:09

My last Bosch didnt quite make it to its third birthday.

FlabbyAdams Fri 25-Oct-13 23:29:02

Ah thanks - thought it was thr fridges.

threepiecesuite Fri 25-Oct-13 23:32:31

We have a Whirlpool washer, it's been superb daily for 7 years.

greenfolder Sat 26-Oct-13 08:37:45

disagree about the false economy- just my experience. i buy a machine that costs no more than £300. my last was a indesit- it lasted 4 years- that is going on most days and coping with the washes for 5 people- including 2 teenage girls who wear 5 outfits a day. When they stop working I get another delivered. My current one is a beko- it has a 39 minute programme that cleans uniform in that time. It cost about £250.
My dsis spent the best part of £1000 on a meile washing machine 7 years ago. She has had no end of issues- it has a 10 year guarantee but that is little consolation when you have to keep people out to fix the bloody thing. and of course technology has improved in that time.

Flexy321 Tue 12-Jan-16 17:37:16

I bought a brandnew BEKO 71032PTM washer recently and I am disappointed by this machine, in any regards. The quality seems poor, I made a small dent in the machine just from moving it in the kitchen after unpacking, the metal they use is so thin. It washes poorly, it runs uneven even empty (Tech said it's "normal" for BEKO to run uneven...I have never seen a machine running uneven even on empty), and yes transport screws are removed smile It doesn't use enough water, its features are lacking. (For example I miss a "Water+" option which almost any other machine has if you want to use more water for a wash). I am disappointed since I had a cheap brand of washer before ("Siltal") and it's almost impossible that a brandnew one like BEKO wouldn't be better, but the BEKO is hardly an improvement overall. I definitely won't buy BEKO again.
Then again we have in Indesit dishwasher and the dishwasher runs for about a year now, flawlessly, not the slightest thing to complain.
On the other hand I don't know whether Indesit washing machines would be better. I checked the specs of many washing machines before I bought and I was put-off by the very long cycle times of Indesit, even longer than the BEKO. I might tend to believe what some say, if you only spend €200 on a washer you simply can't get a decent one, no matter what brand. Of course I could say now "Get Indesit instead of a BEKO", but who says that the Indesit isn't worse? But of course, after my disappointment with BEKO I wished I had gotten an Indesit.

clarz Wed 13-Jan-16 14:59:17

Hi,

I am also looking for a washing machine but preferably something with 'quick wash' settings. you know the ones that take around 15-30 mins to do a wash for when you just have one item that you need.....

Whats everyone's experience on this?

Flexy321 Wed 13-Jan-16 16:00:50

"Quick wash" was my main criteria when looking for a machine, this is why I chose the BEKO. It has a quick wash program for Cold, 30, 40, 60, 90, with 26mins, 28mins, 50mins, 58mins, 1:28mins respective. The manual says each of the cycles is good for the full 7kg load, but I doubt this. Mind you that MANY other machines also advertise with quick wash cycles but then if you look into the manual its often that those cycles are only for 2kg or 3kg of laundry. My experiences with the BEKO 40C cycle is "meh", 60C is "ok". I am one of those persons who simply doesn't have the nerve to wait for a cycle of three hours or so, I think this is entirely insane. Everyone is so obsessed with saving energy that machines hardly use water anymore but take FOREVER to wash, 3 hours for a wash is crazy. The BEKO at 60C standard is 1:57 by the way, the Indesit as far as I remember almost three hours.

Flexy321 Wed 13-Jan-16 16:08:21

Edit: If you only need to wash one or a couple of so pieces I'd say the BEKO Quickwash is ok.

clarz Wed 13-Jan-16 17:05:50

Thanks for the help Flexy321! So I think I should go for a Beko too. What do you think of this washer-dryer model? It has the quick wash setting and can also dry....
www.pricedropdonkey.com/d/907192

Might make doing the laundry that bit more bearable!

Flexy321 Wed 13-Jan-16 17:41:41

Can't say anything about this washer/dryer, you'd have to look around whether you can find any tests/reviews. Our old Siltal is a washer/dryer...but personally I'd prefer a dryer that dries with air. If you have pets etc..those condensation dryers leave all the fluff/hair on the laundry. Depending on your budget/space...consider whether a cheaper washer and an extra dryer would not be better? But of course it can well be that a washer/dryer combo is ok for your uses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now