rubyrubyruby Wed 09-Oct-13 19:01:20

Would it work?

rubyrubyruby Thu 10-Oct-13 18:03:48

I'll take that as a no then hmm

CarlaBrooni Thu 10-Oct-13 18:19:23

correct

kitsmummy Thu 10-Oct-13 18:21:29

Doesn't strike me as a good combo

I don't think it would either. Tan is a warm colour and grey is cool.

spotty26 Thu 10-Oct-13 19:05:24

Not ideally but it sort of depends on your style and the other accents. If the sofas are lovely old aged leather chesterfields then they go with anything.

rubyrubyruby Thu 10-Oct-13 21:25:02

Thanks!

This is the chair

It's for my kitchen/diner. The kitchen is wood with charcoal grey worktops and tiles. Chrome cooker, hood, fridge etc.

My table/window frames and beams are a similar colour wood to the chair and I fancy having a tiled floor and pale grey walls.

It's it still a know? Should I go for the cocoa chair instead?

I think that chair will go well in your scheme as you have described it !the colours echo the kitchen colours ! Add a grey lumber cushion ! Fab !! :-)

rubyrubyruby Thu 10-Oct-13 21:41:27

The house is listed and a combination of old - high ceilings, exposed beams, wooden window frames, wood burner and contemporary - modern bathrooms, brushed steel radiators, down lighters etc.

rubyrubyruby Fri 11-Oct-13 07:44:53

Sorry oneplan / I didn't see your post.

Just you and me then wink

amazonianwoman Fri 11-Oct-13 10:37:35

Yes I think that sofa would work with grey, I much prefer it to the darker cocoa sofa too smile

EverythingUnderControl Fri 11-Oct-13 10:41:09

I think it would work. They're all 'natural' colours and the tan will inject a warmer colour.

See - this looks lovely - grey walls with grey sofa and tan feature chair and footstool
www.houzz.com/photos/3947581/Suburban-DC---Cahill-Residence-contemporary-living-room-dc-metro

spotty26 Fri 11-Oct-13 17:39:04

I think it will go having seen it. The link to Houzz was exactly what I was thinking.

rubyrubyruby Fri 11-Oct-13 19:42:44

Great thanks. That Houzz link was exactly how I imagined it.
The chair will match the oak beams and the walls will be similar to the brushed steel radiators.
Chair is ordered smile

yay !! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now