American Fridge Freezer - any recommendations?

(13 Posts)
cq Tue 08-Oct-13 22:43:48

Oooh, I've just got a Fisher & Paykel french door fridge freezer from John Lewis. I luffs it.

Big freezer drawer on the bottom that can fit the biggest pizza or large lasagne. Loads of door space for bottles, jars and gallons of milk. All the fridge space at eye level so less food lurking at the bottom until I sniff it out.

So less wastage and I only have to go to the supermarket once a week instead of virtually every day to keep the milk monsters supplied.

It was expensive but comes with a 5 year warranty and I'm planning on redesigning my kitchen round it next year grin. Not currently plumbed in but has water & ice functions when we get it sorted.

ToddleWaddle Tue 08-Oct-13 22:38:32

We've had it 3 years now. Bit of a pain to keep shiny but does look fab.

katatonic Tue 08-Oct-13 21:23:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ToddleWaddle Tue 08-Oct-13 21:18:30

Have this one. Bit more reasonable than Sub Zero but prettier than Samsung(I'm very fickle!)
Really happy with so far. Lovely cold water and a choice of whole or crushed ice.
www.siemens-home.co.uk/our-products/fridges-freezers/american-style-fridge-freezers/KA62DS21.html?source=browse

Helliecopter Tue 08-Oct-13 21:13:40

I've also just started a kitchen extension! Started last Monday...foundations are done and the slab is going in tomorrow. I found the first day exciting/stressful because all the trades are in disconnecting, stripping stuff, knocking stuff down etc., but once it was just the ground workers it was muddy but not too bad. Better that all the work is outside so far. I am dreading it when they start the inside the house stuff!
What are your plans like? Ours is single storey rear with a pitched roof. French doors, 3 big velux. L shaped kitchen with island.
Currently trying to choose flooring, worktops and appliances!

katatonic Tue 08-Oct-13 16:39:37

WhatWillSantaBring Fri 04-Oct-13 15:39:15

Hi kat - <waves frantically>. Glad I'm not the only one trying to undergo a kitchen extension in our current state. I call it distraction! What stage are you at and when will you be actually doing the work?

iseenodust Thu 03-Oct-13 20:56:05

Don't know if your desire for an ice-maker makes this difficult but I would go for a top/bottom split not side by side. It gives much more useable space for large dishes. I love mine. smile

Kikibee Thu 03-Oct-13 20:54:05

We have a samsung but I wouldn't get one, there is a fault with it that they have repaired once but same problem has reappeared, google Samsung American fridge freezer problems, should be able to find it

Sorry, I'll try that link again!
this one!

We got [[ http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/samsung-rsh7unsw-american-style-fridge-freezer-white/p231435292?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_14 this one ]] this summer and have been really happy with it. It's plumbed in, as you mention you want, and the ice dispenser is brilliant! We've got it in the stainless steel finish.

katatonic Thu 03-Oct-13 20:44:24

katatonic Thu 03-Oct-13 14:34:58

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now