Best Farrow & Ball white for an east facing room?

(16 Posts)
mummaemma Thu 03-Oct-13 21:24:58

go to a farrow and ball shop. they have samples everywhere. we found it very helpful

mummaemma Thu 03-Oct-13 21:22:25

shaded white is lovely but i dont think its what you are looking for. its a bit on the creamy side, looks a little yellow toned not grey.

How about strong white, slipper satin, wimborne white or pointing?

Retroformica Wed 02-Oct-13 20:17:35

Wimborne white and pointing. Both lovely.

Genieinalamp Tue 01-Oct-13 10:44:04

I have skimming stone in my dark hallway and I think it works really well.

Shaded white looks lovely, although would a lighter colour (eg. Slipper satin/white tie) make the room seem bigger?

WhatWillSantaBring Tue 01-Oct-13 09:31:37

We have James White in our dressing room and it comes out a definite green, so can see what you mean about it making somewhere look ill. Its west facing, but just the perfect colour, as I was looking for a very very pale green.

Interesting to see that shaded white is a warm grey - looking for that in my (very dark) hall/landing. I want a white that has got a hint of warm grey, so will try that.

MarshaBrady Mon 30-Sep-13 18:56:29

Me too. We have it in the living room. It's my favourite one at of all the ones we have.

MyBoysAreFab Mon 30-Sep-13 18:37:27

I agree with Shaded White. Is a lovely soft colour with a bit of warm greyness about it. I love it!

Waferthinmint Mon 30-Sep-13 18:36:04

Shaded white or slimming stone always

Herhonesty Mon 30-Sep-13 14:21:30

slipper is more taupey, clunch is creamier.

holycowwhatnow Mon 30-Sep-13 13:47:56

Shaded White!

holycowwhatnow Mon 30-Sep-13 13:47:36

Yes, the Slipper Satin is quite cream, very warm. I also have two dresser units painted in Stone something? ( on the F&B website it was recommended as an accent colour for Light Blue) and this is more mushroom-y. Nice but I'm glad the walls aren't all this colour because I think it would be a little dark.

Genieinalamp Mon 30-Sep-13 13:28:41

Holycow - thank you, so glad you posted as I was thinking of getting James White (it looked ok on the tester pot!). Does slipper satin look creamy?

Thanks icravecheese & marshabrady - I have pointing in a west facing room which is lovely so think I'll try some more samples of the suggested colours. I wouldn't have thought of clunch as that looks quite dark on the colour chart. I think I will soon have the full tester collection, scary to think how much ££ I've spent on them whilst decorating my house!

MarshaBrady Mon 30-Sep-13 12:08:37

Wimborne White, Pointing and Tallow are warm.

Increasing in warmth ie yellowness.

icravecheese Mon 30-Sep-13 12:06:08

clunch...my friend has painted her fairly dark open plan lounge/diner in this, looks fab.

holycowwhatnow Mon 30-Sep-13 00:03:06

Not James White - made my east facing kitchen look ill. I have Light Blue now, absolutely lovely in morning and evening. (not helpful, sorry.) My kitchen units are painted in Slipper Satin and that's very warm.

Genieinalamp Sun 29-Sep-13 20:20:00

It's quite a dark room so I'm looking for an off-white colour which won't feel too cold. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now