Caesarstone work top disaster

(11 Posts)
Lily15 Sun 29-Sep-13 00:05:19

I want to cry. Brand new caesarstone work tops in pure white are a joke..been in 36 hours and already stained with what seems to be water rings leaving grey smears...we left a wooden chopping board on the draining grooves and it has left a huge stain that we can't remove. What's the point of a work surface you can put anything on?! I wouldn't it recommend to anyone. So confused as I had read such great things. Just fuming. Anyone else have a problem?

ChiefToiletRollChanger Sun 29-Sep-13 06:58:40

We have white caeserstone and I've got stains around the draining area and taps which I think are waterstains. I've got all of them out by using CIF cream and a bit of kitchen roll and water and using a circular motion to clean.

I hope that works for you.

EastwickWitch Sun 29-Sep-13 09:44:52

I thought the whole point was that they were stain proof?
Have you got any guarantees?
watching with interest as it's what i've just chosen.

Helliecopter Sun 29-Sep-13 10:43:28

Oh gutted!! Poor you. I thought they were supposed to be pretty stain resistant. I'm sure mn will come up with answers for you.

Lily15 Sun 29-Sep-13 20:38:11

Yep water stains around the sink and down the sides of it too? Anything like cup or mug stains- they can be cleaned with the cif but you can still the rings! And we left a wooden chopping board after washing it down overnight on the drain grooves and it's left huge long grey stains. Expensive piece of crap basically. Absolutely not stain resistant.

pootlebug Sun 29-Sep-13 20:51:29

No experience of Caesarstone at all, but I would recommend Bar Keepers Friend. It has shifted any marks we have ever had so far on our pure white corian without any problem.

MrsFlorrick Sun 29-Sep-13 22:08:56

Hi. I second Bar Keepers friend or cif.

You should be able to seal it with Dry treat which can be used for marble and concrete and limestone.

Composite stone doesn't fully live up to the claims. However you can user harsher cleaners to remove stains than say marble (I have bianco Carrara marble as my kitchen worktop).

You will get stains and watermarks out.

Have a look at these products
www.pureadhesion.co.uk/stone-fireplace-and-worktop-maintenance.html

Best defence against watermarks is to get one of those Eco micro fibre cloths. That's how I keep watermarks off my marble.

I know you feel gutted but your worktop will be fine and once you have the right products and you know how to treat your worktop, you'll love it again grin

kpandthesunshineband2 Sun 29-Sep-13 22:44:43

Interested in this too as we have an off white caearstone equivalent. Think was slightly cheaper but also dreadful for marking especially with tea stains. I too thought it was supposed to not mark.
It does come out but only with a lot of elbow grease & so far I have only used ecover cream cleanser.

ChiefToiletRollChanger Mon 30-Sep-13 02:18:45

Lily you obviously need to go back to the supplier. Perhaps it's been a bad batch but I don't think they'd be happy with bad publicity about it so I'm sure they'll help out.

There are also two types of Caesterstone - honed and unhoned - I don't know what the difference is in terms of staining. We have honed - which gives is a very subtle low-level gloss and you would think it was sealed. The CIF hasn't taken that sheen off of it. I wonder if you have unhoned - which may be more prone to staining? Still not good enough whatever.

I'd be saying it's not fit for purpose and asking them to take it out.

CarlaBrooni Thu 03-Oct-13 14:03:59

OP, how did you get on? We were thinking of getting Caeserstone but after reading this we need to research further.

nessus Thu 03-Oct-13 20:19:17

OP you have me worried. Just about to throw a ton on CS worktop in new kitchen. Don't want to regret it as budget already screaming sad I thought it was indestructible...I am not the most cleanest careful in the kitchen either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now