Wireless doorbell

(12 Posts)
Greengagesummer Tue 24-Sep-13 19:35:41

So boring, I know - they all seem to die from the rain (yes, really!) but my porch door self locks, so no one can access door knocker on front door, & door knocker not a possibility on glass porch door. The only one that lasted for a few years was from Tchibo, but they don't exist in the UK & change their offering a la Lidl every fortnight anyway.

Any recommendations for a longlasting doorbell. Can't wire one in for longwinded reasons.

Greengagesummer Wed 25-Sep-13 19:16:51

Bump?

mummaemma Wed 25-Sep-13 20:00:45

We have a byron wireless doorbell from Argos. only had it 4 months but so far so good. (it is slightly sheltered from the rain)

Our previous one was Friedland also good. lasted over 5 years.

mummaemma Wed 25-Sep-13 20:07:12
Greengagesummer Wed 25-Sep-13 20:11:28

Thank you mummaemma unfortunately the technet one you linked to is the one that lasted 7 months this year, & I am returning the £16 fried land one after just under one month! My bell is not all sheltered unless I build it an umbrella - which may be my best bet!

Tyranasaurus Thu 26-Sep-13 07:13:37

I have one from Wilkos which has lasted 10 yearrs, it's uni-com band. The only problem with it is that half the street seem to have the same one so if the receiver bit becomes unplugged or there's a power cut I have to remember to reset it or else ours goes off when one of the houses down the road has visitiors and I miss all my post.

valiumredhead Thu 26-Sep-13 07:24:10

Our one is from tk maxx, it is like a double plug so you don't lose the use of the plug socket. It was a tenner instead of 40.

Greengagesummer Wed 02-Oct-13 18:53:52

Thank you ladies; I have just bought 3 for a tenner which claim to have waterproof bell pushes, and stashed 2 away...

whohellhe Wed 02-Oct-13 23:06:41

I hope they're not from Asda, seems most of our neighbours have the same one we bought and someone ringing the bell causes 4 of us to open our front doors!

I bought one from Homebase which used to turn itself off about once a week & then had to be switched on & off at the mains

My current one came from either Lidl or Aldi (can't remember which, sorry) at about half the price & it has been no trouble at all from the moment it was plugged in

There could be some still in Aldi atm - worth a look - I'm sure I've seen them recently

Greengagesummer Wed 02-Oct-13 23:17:14

These were from the home improvement show at Olympia last week so no idea if they are the same as anywhere else's ... A few days in and they are still working but it hasn't rained yet!

valiumredhead Wed 02-Oct-13 23:18:13

They are in Aldi this week for a tenner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now