Oh my goodness, I admire the wholeheartedness of the decor, but...

(50 Posts)
TerribleTantrums Thu 12-Sep-13 18:29:53

I really don't think I could live in it. Not least because I often get distracted and bump into bits of my house, in this house I would probably impale myself through the heart and die horribly, or loose an eye. Here.

ThePuffyShirt Thu 12-Sep-13 18:35:29

Bloody hell - the interior is ghastly. A lunatic asylum for blacksmiths.

pooka Thu 12-Sep-13 18:44:50

I'd have to sleep with a pair of bolt cutters!

WildThongsHeartString Thu 12-Sep-13 18:53:56

Must be a nightmare to dust. Like the twee pink bedspreads in such a modern house.

TerribleTantrums Thu 12-Sep-13 19:13:42

I particularly admire how the pictures start quite smart and normal, with just a slightly odd fireplace or a little too much shiny-ness in the kitchen, and then gradually reveal more and more of the Tim Burton-esque weirdness. That galleried bedroom! shock

bundaberg Thu 12-Sep-13 19:23:18

i love it!!!

LEMisdisappointed Thu 12-Sep-13 19:29:02

The rooms i like, i love, the rooms i dont like, i hate! and whats with all the metal outside is it a high risk area? Such a shame because some of it is stunning

Yama Thu 12-Sep-13 19:31:19

I love some of it but worry about impaling myself on the rest of it.

mrspaddy Thu 12-Sep-13 19:34:05

Too many weird iron features for me... Nice airy large rooms though. Like the cream sofa.

Oh we'll... Couldn't afford it anyway!!!!

BrownSauceSandwich Thu 12-Sep-13 20:08:13

Oh god. Less. Is. More.

DS2 would adore the dragon gate. I quite like it, but I'd be concerned about impaling myself on something.

And I'm not at all keen on mezzanine bedrooms.

oolaroola Thu 12-Sep-13 20:14:00

Does a metal spider live there do you think?

TerribleTantrums Thu 12-Sep-13 20:27:24

There is a hospital with an A+E unit very close by, so at least the injuries could be treated speedily. grin

I did also think that the mezzanine bedroom would be fabulous for those guests that you don't want to make too comfortable in case they stay for too long. Plus it appears to be located away from the other bedrooms so you wouldn't be woken by the horrified screaming that they would be sure to do in that brief time between opening their eyes and having their logic circuits kick in. grin

MrMayoNessie Thu 12-Sep-13 20:34:57

I looked at the first couple and thought there's nothing wrong with this place, then oh my bloody lord!!!

SubliminalMassaging Thu 12-Sep-13 20:40:27

I don't know what to say really....

I started off thinking 'well it's ok, not my taste but not heinous...' and then the metal started....

I burst out laughing by the time I got to the master bedroom and was feeling quite queasy and disturbed by the time I go to the front gate. shock

This is the proof that some people should not be left in charge of large sums of money.

PharaohHound Thu 12-Sep-13 20:45:02

I would keep the dragon.

TiredDog Thu 12-Sep-13 20:49:14

Wow... agree bit's are lovely and bits are overdone

pictish Thu 12-Sep-13 20:51:24

Many a stubbed toe to be had in there!

bramblethecow Thu 12-Sep-13 20:55:07

I don't really understand why someone would take the trouble to start a thread for the sole reason of slagging off someone else's taste in their home, which they've clearly lavished much love on.

Mintyy Thu 12-Sep-13 20:56:05

O.
M.
F.
G.

and it really takes a lot to phase me.

camtt Thu 12-Sep-13 21:07:26

That's called More Money Than Sense!

Wow..... that house is so mixed up it needs therapy.

It makes no sense at all and all the iron work over the windows is very disconcerting.

lljkk Thu 12-Sep-13 21:57:31

I like it. blush

Methe Thu 12-Sep-13 22:01:13

I quite like it too! I wouldn't want to live in it mind you.

The pink candlestick bedspreads made me wince !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now