Is it my imagination, or are loos getting lower?!

(28 Posts)
flow4 Mon 26-Aug-13 09:36:33

Just that, really... Toilet stands seem lower than they used to... I have dodgy knees, and they seem a long way down...

Anyone else noticed that loos are shrinking, or is it just me?!

timidviper Mon 26-Aug-13 21:49:46

Many years ago I remember being taught about constipation and advice to give patients, one piece of which was to use a lower toilet or use a box to raise the feet to get a similar effect so maybe a lower loo is better for the bowels.

My pet hate is not the height but the width allowed (or not allowed more to the point) for arse expansion when sitting IYSWIM. We stopped at a motorway services yesterday and the combination of a narrow cubicle and a sanitary disposal bin jammed in at the side made sitting very uncomfortable for anybody larger than a racing snake. I don't expect to be comfy enough to sit there for hours but pooing on a slant because I can't get both bum cheeks on there is a bit much angry

mirai Mon 26-Aug-13 23:56:10

Yes, you're right, I roll my trousers up to my knees, and roll my skirts or dresses up around my waist!!

fiverabbits Tue 27-Aug-13 00:18:43

You can toilets for the disabled in builders merchants. They are at least 4 inches higher than normal toilets. We have two in my house as my DH is 6 feet 4 inches tall and has had two knee replacements but still has trouble bending his knees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now