Recommendations for Fitted wardrobes

(9 Posts)
fatfingers Tue 06-Aug-13 08:20:16

We live in a house with small bedrooms that are always cluttered so I'm thinking fitted wardrobes are the way to go.

I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a company and what would be a realistic budget? It would be 2 wardrobes approx. 3m across - no awkward spaces.

Ihatemytoes Tue 06-Aug-13 10:38:13

Not fitted, but we recently (last week in fact!) put in IKEA pax wardrobes in my son's room. They are absolutely fantastic! We went for the tallest ones they do, 236cm, with sliding doors. Now everything is organised, out of sight, and the room looks much bigger. The combination we went for came to just over £500, but you can spend more or less, depending on what combination you choose.

RoseFlowerFairy Tue 06-Aug-13 10:40:25

IHateMyToes how much did the fitting cost on top?

fatfingers Tue 06-Aug-13 11:31:30

Yes, I was looking at the Ikea pax Ihatemytoes but wasn't sure how difficult it would be to put together (neither me nor dh have great DIY skills!) Did you get someone to fit it or did you do it yourself?

Ihatemytoes Tue 06-Aug-13 15:42:32

We, (well DH!) put them up, so no fitting costs. They were quite straightforward to do, the trickiest bit was fitting the doors, due to the weight of them.IKEA offer a service where they'll put them together for you, I think it's around £125, on top of the cost of the wardrobes.

Lucyadams184 Wed 07-Aug-13 10:14:49

We got ours from IKEA, my husband fitted them though, the doors were the only part we had to get help for as they are very heavy and I'm not very good at lifting stuff. I really like the fact that you can design what you have in your half and choose everything to how you want it. We also have 3 metres along our wall.

My in-laws went to Harveys and paid the same as us for half the size and ours look better.

Where in the UK are you? I can recommend a company in West Yorkshire, but no good if you're elsewhere! Our fitted wardrobes replaced Ikea ones, and are a much better use of space, going right to the ceiling and we could have an unusual combination of draws and different heights wardrobes, etc.

MummytoMog Wed 07-Aug-13 13:37:40

I put Ikea Pax in as well actually - although they're not exactly fitted to the space, we got the 236cm tall ones, and they came in enough combinations that I managed to fit them into our awkward alcove with only a 20cm gap at the top (big enough to fit a set of Ikea storage boxes in) and a 10 cm gap at the side. And they were pretty cheap and matched the rest of our bedroom furniture. I also like that I can change the innards whenever I want, rather than being tied to the original layout.

theWookiesWife Wed 07-Aug-13 13:56:23

I live in a really old cottage - really low ceilings ! 2m ! so I went for ikea Ramsjo white kitchen tall units with no plinth - raised them on 2x2 and secured to the walls - fitted them myself while hubby was working abroad !!! he was impressed when he got home - as I'd refurbed the whole room, as well as the 3m run of wardrobes too !!
( was bloody hard work though !!! )
:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now