Selling our house and unable to contact estate agents.......

(8 Posts)
KellyGarcia Mon 05-Aug-13 22:47:37

A few people have now come to our door to directly arrange a viewing after saying they are unable to contact our estate agents via the websites and number on the for sale sign.

We have also tried all numbers we have for our estate agent (online EA only) and got a mailer daemon when replying to their email address. We have been able to contact them no problem before and were at the stage of having an offer on the house now nothing.

What do we do now? Any advice?

We have gone ahead with the viewings we have arranged and emailed the details to the estate agents (which have bounced back). They have sold a few properties in our area recently as we have seen their For Sale signs up and Sold signs, checked the land registry etc so they are/were genuine. I am worried they have gone bust.

Help!

LynetteScavo Mon 05-Aug-13 22:52:23

You need to be careful, that if you sell the house they don't claim the buyer was introduced to you by them...ie they saw their "For Sale" board or some other advertising. You will still have to pay their fee, even though you have done all the leg work (if they can be bothered to take you to court!)

Personally, I would email them to let them know you are terminating the contract and get a high street agent to market your house ASAP. Do you have the contact details of the people who were going to offer?

KellyGarcia Mon 05-Aug-13 23:11:24

Oh no... complicated. They are not getting back to us at all though and no one can get them on the phone or anything. Good point re the fee! I never thought of that. Terminate their contract is prob best idea (if they are still afloat) as they are not adhering to their side of the contract anyway! I don't have the contact details for the people making the offer. I am wondering if they are sitting there unable to get in touch with the estate agent too...

purplewithred Mon 05-Aug-13 23:13:56

Don't they have a physical shopfront somewhere? Go in and deliver the termination personally.

KellyGarcia Mon 05-Aug-13 23:16:29

No, it is an online estate agents but they do have a call centre.

LynetteScavo Mon 05-Aug-13 23:23:52

But it seems they don't actually have a call center anymore!

Maybe post the name of the company, and someone can give you more idea of whether you'll ever hear from them again?

KellyGarcia Mon 05-Aug-13 23:27:54

Good point... Thanks.

Crutchlow35 Tue 06-Aug-13 13:25:17

I am an EA. PM me the agency details and I will see what I can find out for you but yes, I would send a letter recorded delivery to their offices saying you are terminating the contract with immediate effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now