Bottle green tiles - yea or nay?

(6 Posts)
BoBoo Tue 06-Aug-13 09:19:51

They're a lovely colour. Don't get the gents loo comparison at all.

mrsmandm Mon 05-Aug-13 21:32:12

Thank you for al your help - esp for the links! Here is the tile:
http://www.tonsoftiles.co.uk/crackle-glaze-bottle-green-wall-tiles-10x10cm-p-576.html#.UgALTh1wbIU
I have the downstairs bathroom in their retro metro grey, it's beautiful

Sunnyshores Mon 05-Aug-13 11:03:48

Especially as you're selling I'd do something plain and non-offensive to the masses. A border of your chosen tiles, or maybe one wall, wouldnt be offputting or too costly for the new buyer if they really hated them.

MummytoMog Mon 05-Aug-13 10:01:25

I really wanted to use beautiful pale blue metro tiles in our en suite, but I'm doing matching white ones, then just a border of the beautiful ones, otherwise I think it will be too encroaching. Ours is about 2m by 2.5m.

BoBoo Mon 05-Aug-13 08:57:16

Could you do a link to the tiles so it's easier to visualise? I think it would be fine, but personally I wouldn't tile everywhere in such a strong colour, so part tile the walls, or just the shower area etc. Maybe something like the bathroom here or break it up with white. I find my husband has difficulty visualising things unless I can show him exactly what I mean - can you find a picture of the sort of end result you want?

mrsmandm Sun 04-Aug-13 20:49:19

That's it really - small loft bathroom, feel like I should go for something bland like travertine, but seen these little (10cm2) crackle glaze squares that I really like. Husband says it'll look like a gents loo.
Planning to sell the house in the next few years, so has to not be utterly repellent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now