Relocating: Cornwall- 20 minutes commute to Plymouth

(7 Posts)

Arabella- its the slower pace of life and the community spirit that we want.
we want to know our neighbours and be part of a village again.
villages/countryside properties up here are very expensive for the sizes of property you can get.

I've just pm'd you with something allotmentgirl. V near water smile, quiet, Cornwall side, 15 mins into Plym.

ArabellaBeaumaris Mon 29-Jul-13 14:39:09

What attracts you about Cornwall? I'd want to live near water, for example, which Liskeard is not.

We currently live in a city and we want to move somewhere quieter. The parts of Plymouth we've seen are very busy

Jan49 Sun 28-Jul-13 22:13:17

Have you considered living in Plymouth itself? There are plenty of nice suburbs. I know the area a little and my first choice would be Plymouth itself.

Have you looked at some of the Saltash villages? e.g. St Germans or Landulph yet? Both have excellent primaries and St Germans has the advantage of train into Plymouth. There is also a preschool in the village, and a very lovely (Montessori) nursery in Tideford which is 5 mins up the road.

Let me know if you need any local info, I live in the area. It's a fabulous place to live, you will absolutely love it.

If you want to be in a town, Saltash has better schools than Liskeard and is closer to Plymouth if you want grammar schools for when your DCs are older.

Liskeard is a prettier town centre but Saltash has the river, and a Waitrose, if that influences your decision...

Hi
We have decided to move to Cornwall. OH has got a job in Plymouth and starts on the 2nd September. He will be renting a room in Liskeard until our house sells and we can join him.
OH wants to live In Liskeard and I like the look of Saltash.
We are quite open to where we live as long as it is within a 20 minute commute of Plymouth (car/train/bus). We need to live somewhere that has a good primary school as we have two boys aged 9 and 10 (yr5 and yr6) and a good nursery/childminder for our little girl who is 1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now