opinions of clee hill?

(17 Posts)
onefewernow Sun 18-Aug-13 22:19:41

It is less than 10 minutes to Ludlow- about 5 miles. For sure.

Houses up the hill from the road can get very snowbound in winter. South of the main road are less so.

MrsBucketxx Fri 19-Jul-13 08:15:03

its lovely

its one of my top search areas, not that ill find anything soon.

sophiexxx Wed 17-Jul-13 22:26:54

Thanks for the reply stealthsquiggle. I can imagine it does become cut off occasionally. xxx

10 minutes drive sounds a little optimistic to me, although TBH I am generally lost by the time I get to Clee Hill village.

Anyway, the drive is over a windswept moor open common and the isolation is more how it feels than anything else. Since I wouldn't personally attempt that road in snow, I don't know how often the village is cut off, but I would imagine it must happen. It just feels like the middle of nowhere to me (and we live somewhere which most people would regard as the middle of nowhere smile)

That said, don't let us put you off - it is a lovely place and Ludlow is a lovely town too.

sophiexxx Wed 17-Jul-13 21:43:45

hi everyone- thankyou so much for your messages.

Can you all please elaborate on what you mean when you say its quite isolated/less connected? I understand its on a hill but also thought it was only about 10 mins drive from ludlow...or am i wrong?

Thanks,Sophie x

wonkylegs Wed 17-Jul-13 07:30:17

Sorry *there - brain not yet switched on

wonkylegs Wed 17-Jul-13 07:29:41

We got engaged overlooking clee hill.
We don't live their but know people who live in that area. It is quite rural, beautiful but less well connected to some aspects of life.

Just seen - 2 smalls. You would absolutely definitely need a car each. I realise that this may not be practicable, but I am not sure I would buy there without having seen it on a wet windy day - of which there are plenty up there.

As for unwelcoming - any more so than any other small village? I don't think so. I know a couple who have just retired up there (from a farm in gentler hills nearby) and the seem happy.

Gorgeous, but seriously isolated. What school options would you need?

sophiexxx Tue 16-Jul-13 22:51:32

thank you for these comments tomato plant and sassy!

sassytheFIRST Tue 16-Jul-13 22:45:32

It's beautiful but can be a touch isolated ESP in winter. Not much work except agricultural and quarrying & heavy plant supplies. The nearest town - Cleobury Mortimer - is small but v pleasant and Ludlow is lovely. Might be a bit unwelcoming to newcomers - and yes, the inbred rumours are rife grin

I live about 20 mins away into Worcestershire. Feel free to pm if you want any further info.

tomatoplantproject Tue 16-Jul-13 22:43:13

I grew up about 30 mins away and it is a very special place for our family. Beautiful area but quite isolated - its a decent drive to Bridgnorth or Ludlow.

The view is stunning smile

sophiexxx Tue 16-Jul-13 22:39:41

any other opinions gratefully received please. Does anyone live there or close by?

sophiexxx Tue 16-Jul-13 22:32:41

Thankyou so much for your message... i was amazed with the views.

It's my favourite place in the world! It's only about half hour drive from here. I go up to the summit sometimes just to have a bit of peace smile
Pre dc me and dh would finish work and go there to watch the sunset and the very friendly sheep go home.
There are nasty rumours about the people who live around clee hill though, that they're interbred weirdos with webbed feet. I don't know anyone from there.
It's close to Ludlow though which is very nice.

sophiexxx Tue 16-Jul-13 22:16:37

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate your help please :-)

I am looking to move house with my husband and two small children and have seen a house in clee hill. I dont know the area at all so would really love to know what people think of the area?

Thanks,
Sophie x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now