Buying opposite a playground

(6 Posts)
Barnaby254 Tue 16-Jul-13 20:29:55

We are in the process of buying a bungalow in a nice residential area. Opposite the property is a small playground, it only has a few pieces of playground equipment and is only ever used by children for an hour or so a day (we know the area well and know it is not used by teens at night). I'm worried that when we come to sell this will be a huge issue. Am I worrying unnecessary or would this stop you buying?

MooseBeTimeForSpring Tue 16-Jul-13 20:33:27

It didn't stop you from buying!

Misty9 Tue 16-Jul-13 20:33:52

It would be a massive plus for us with a toddler! But consider your target market - is it young families? We personally wouldn't consider a bungalow for various reasons...but is it a family area? If so, I think most would see it as a plus.

BrianTheMole Tue 16-Jul-13 20:42:36

It wouldn't stop me, we're in a bungalow next to a park. Its great for the kids.

littlecrystal Tue 16-Jul-13 22:04:05

If it is a family house, I would say it is a big advantage to have a playground that close!

Jan49 Wed 17-Jul-13 00:32:15

I think I might hesitate.

Firstly the playground could become a place for teenagers to hang out at night though it isn't now. Secondly a bungalow is more likely to be bought by older people than people with young children so maybe the playground is less likely to be seen as a plus point by them. But I can't imagine it being a major issue that seriously puts people off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now