Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Knocking two rooms to make new bathroom - ballpark figure? Have NO idea!

(3 Posts)
nicecupofteaplease Tue 16-Jul-13 19:34:25

Hi

I know this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but has anyone done anything like this? We've got an adjacent poky family bathroom and unused ensuite, and would like to knock them together to create an awesome big family bathroom that we'd actually use.

Any clue as to how much roughly this might cost - it would mean bricking up one door, ripping out suite and replacing maybe resiting a bath, retiling and reflooring. I know how much the suite element would be, but have no clue even roughly how much installation and building work might be. Any ideas so I can look at quotes sensibly?

Thank you!

ccridersuz Wed 17-Jul-13 05:01:28

A complete refit cost my nephew £3000. that included tiling from floor to ceiling.
As for the wall, this very much depends upon wether it is brick or studwork and also wether it is loadbareing, as a beam must go in if it is.
You need professional quotes and a qualified builder.
A site called mybuilder may be useful.

fussychica Wed 17-Jul-13 15:52:14

We did this between a loo and separate bathroom to make a larger room. DH took out wall and plaster boarded over one door. Had the ceiling professionally plastered. DH tiled and plumber change position and plumbed in new sanitary ware/shower etc. Plumber was well under £1k.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now