The decluttering, cleaning, vacating, pandering, nailbiting antics of the stressed out house sellers goes on and on....

(427 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:22:39

New thread!

Come share and despair smile

ghosteditor Fri 19-Jul-13 15:26:24

Well - we have a contract to sign for our sale - whoop! Looks like we'll move in 6 weeks grin

ghosteditor Fri 19-Jul-13 15:26:44

Damnit I mean our purchase not out sale shock

Had estate agent phone on fri saying a couple were desperate to see our house and could they come on Saturday at 8pm so I said ok and diligently tore myself away from a family BBQ and also spent all day tidying on Sat , did the fuckers turn up?
DID THEY HELL!
Who does that? may the house they buy roof fall in.

underthemountain Sun 21-Jul-13 15:55:22

Oh my god 50, I would be homicidal myself! I don't even want to look at houses now (ie make people clean them) until we are sold, now that I know how much work is involved to get ready for viewings.

We have had two viewers and supposed to get another tonight. Apparently the two earlier on were quite interested so will cross my fingers...

wonkylegs Mon 22-Jul-13 10:04:06

Yay ghost.
Our removal van is due any minute. Arghh

ghosteditor Mon 22-Jul-13 13:08:01

good luck wonky!

We are waiting on signing the contract until a few details are sorted, (the vendor has Aug 27 in mind and isn't budging; we need Aug 30th - he's been living in a home since last year so I don't know why it's an issue!)

And our low-offer hasn't come back to us, and we have a hopeful second viewing tomorrow evening, when the house will be at its sweaty boiling airless worst sad

So no show couple arrived last night instead of Saturday when we were in the middle of dinner and kids all running around , then gave us feedback it was too small hmmm

matblack72 Mon 22-Jul-13 14:13:21

Hello All

We are in the process of selling. We have a strange situation where our buyers approached us, so we don't have an estate agent at our end.

The buyers live close by and apparently have always admired our house and one day whilst passing asked my OH who was gardening if we'd ever considered selling to which the answer was YES! In fact we'd had it valued ready to go to market! We have now engaged a solicitor and completed the questionairres about fixtures etc, had an EPC done and we're waiting on their EA getting their house on the market (I keep checking Rightmove) but its not on yet.

We've decided to move from Maidstone to Portslade (near Brighton).

We've found a house we like but the EA selling won't consider us until our buyers have sold their home sad so we're waiting hoping that our buyers get a first time buyer and we can form a short chain.

Its very frustrating, every moment I expect a call to say that the house we like is under offer and then we'll have the start looking again, or just wait until our buyers have sold.

Ooh 50 that's annoying!

Is anyone else terrified of having their survey done?

Our house is a 30's ex LA house, so more or less solid but with a few inevitable things that could be improved. We also had rats in the loft a few years ago (yuk beyond yuk) but got rid of them swiftly enough - but I'm still utterly terrified of them finding something and pulling out.

If only we could fast forward a few months and just be living in a nice new house, with all of the stressful bit done.

TerrysNo2 Mon 22-Jul-13 16:22:47

well all seemed to be going so well and now the buyers valuation was meant to happen today and no one has turned up yet. I have had a funny feeling about this valuation all along (don't know why) and if they don't turn up I have no idea what's going to happen given this one took 4 weeks to get booked in sad

WhoNickedMyName Mon 22-Jul-13 16:48:04

Grrrr I’m about to mail my EA to give them a rollocking.

We accepted an offer last week 7k under asking price but gave the EA strict instructions to carry on marketing the property, as far as we are concerned until our buyers give a good indication that they’re definitely proceeding with the sale (i.e. get a survey done and instruct a solicitor) we will still take viewers and consider better offers.

A friend of a friend phoned up the EA yesterday to enquire about a viewing on ours and were told by the EA (word for word) “oh they’ve accepted an offer… I don’t think they’ll take any more viewers. I can give them a call and try, but they have already got a buyer”. That’s bollocks! They fucking know we’ll happily accommodate any more viewings. They’re giving other potential buyers the impression that it’s not worth bothering. I’m fuming!

EA’s are delighted because it was a nice easy sale for them. The house hadn’t even been on the market a week so they’re probably thinking why bother doing any more work on this one. The market is slow in the price range we are selling but I really thought we’d have had at least one other viewing by now – and now I know why we bloody haven’t.

I think I’ll have to send the e-mail home and re-read it later when I’ve calmed down a bit and had a glass of wine.

monkeytennismum Mon 22-Jul-13 18:50:05

enjoying - try not to worry about the survey. I think if you're buying an older house you have to suck-up the fact that things will need replacing / upgrading at some point. Buyers should only really ask for money off if there is a serious structural problem.

WNMN - did your EA call you to say there had been some interest? It sounds to me like he could just be trying to make your property sound really 'in demand' to new potential buyers. He could also be a d**k tho, as you allude to wink

Terrys - did the surveyor show? I hope so.

How hot is it?!

WhoNickedMyName Mon 22-Jul-13 19:41:14

50 - do you think they did that on purpose to catch you on the hop? I know someone who did exactly that, to see the house in its 'true living condition'. I need advance warning to hide all the crap in the shed, I'm not sure I'd have been able to let them in smile

Terrys - did your surveyor turn up? Hope so.

Monkey - I phoned the agent this afternoon and they said there hadn't been much interest. DH reckons that as another 7k to us is only worth 70 quid to them they're not bothered about getting us any more viewers. It'd probably cost them 70 pounds in phonecalls, brochures and time and effort of one of their staff. Nah they're happy enough to have made 2k from our easy peasy sale and that's it as far as they're concerned. They're getting a rocket up their arses from me tomorrow.

Jaynebxl Mon 22-Jul-13 19:55:25

Our packers are are coming tomorrow and I've been feeling pretty wobbly all day. Will really miss our great neighbours / friends and our street with the strong community feel and today I even kept thinking what if we just pull out? Then I fell over the clutter and remembered just why we are moving!

TerrysNo2 Mon 22-Jul-13 20:24:08

surveyor didn't show sad apparently our buyers changed the survey from a basic valuation to a homebuyers and assumed it would just be done at the same time today but of course it wasn't angry angry

the agent said that our buyer got very angry with their mortgage company tonight and they have promised to book it in this week by 10am tomorrow. But I don't know what to believe. I will be fuming if it isn't done this week as we were hoping to exchange by the end of July.

Enjoy moving day Jayne I hope we will get there one day smile

wonkylegs Mon 22-Jul-13 20:41:19

Jayne I know how you feel. They packed our first van today and the rest is going tomorrow.
We've been out in the garden with the neighbours / kids tonight. Very sad, we've watched the kids grow from babies/small kids to almost grown ups, our son was born here. Very sad to leave the people behind more than the house. They are friends and will come and visit but no impromptu wine & gossip over the fence or mad summer water fights /winter snowball fights down the back lane. sad

Jaynebxl Mon 22-Jul-13 22:20:30

Ah wonky that's exactly it. Let's hope these new houses are worth it huh?!

monkeytennismum Mon 22-Jul-13 22:40:17

Oh wonky and Jayne what you're describing is just what I'm hoping for with our new house. It's the childhood I had and it was great. Good luck with your new homes and making great memories there smile

WNMN good luck with the rockets tomorrow wink

Terrys I wish our buyers would get angry with their mortgage company. We've been waiting nearly 3 weeks now for a survey to be done, grrrr...

I asked our EA when we might expect the buyers survey, and they said there are massive delays in the SE due to a lack of surveyors. Apparently they all got laid off during the recession, and now things are picking up a bit there isn't the capacity.

I've been told a minimum 4 week wait!

TerrysNo2 Tue 23-Jul-13 10:20:17

our survey has just been rebooked for the 22 august. I am fuming angry angry angry

have told them I'm not prepared to proceed as this would mean we wouldn't be in the house before DS starts school so hopefully someone is kicking some bums to fix this cock-up.

I knew things were going to well angry angry angry

Argh frustrated to the max had a second viewing the other day and the girl noted interest for a second time as she had changed lawyers, so we thought an offer was sure to follow but still nothing , feel like taking the damn thing off the market it's causing me so much stress.

ghosteditor Tue 23-Jul-13 14:32:02

Joining in with the general angry and sad and confused!

We had a ridiculously low offer last week from someone who had already decided the house wasn't for her, but who came back when we dropped the price. We turned it down (£5k lower than we paid 7 years ago, before we did £35k worth of improvements to the house!). She has vanished.

We were pinning our hopes on tonight's second viewing which has just been cancelled, midway through frantic cleaning while DD is childcare. The viewer has been headhunted for a job which is in another part of the country! She doesn't know what it is yet but has cancelled viewings (sensibly I'm sure). At least it wasn't after an offer or anything, but I just can't believe how unlucky we've been so far (or is it lucky that we haven't wasted time with these people?) - buyer lost her own buyer and dropped out, different buyer wanted to extend the house but pre-planning indicated it permission wouldn't be granted, sensibly again I think), now the headhunting.

WHERE IS MY BUYER?! I think we're going to move EA - it's been 4 months now and we're only getting viewings every few weeks.

Jaynebxl Tue 23-Jul-13 17:38:22

Hang in there everyone!
Our packers came today and have been amazing! Most stuff has gone and we are left in a lounge that has just the sofa and no cushions in it! The house needs a good clean but not one room is completely empty so that will have to wait til tomorrow.

doglover Tue 23-Jul-13 19:02:31

Well, we moved last Friday - blistering heat - but are IN!! smile . We'll be living in box city for the foreseeable future and have had many people in to quote us for varied jobs but it will all be worth it.

Hang in there, guys. I'd been posting with all our woes since March so it DOES happen eventually smile

ghosteditor Tue 23-Jul-13 22:25:27

Glad to hear it guys grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now