The decluttering, cleaning, vacating, pandering, nailbiting antics of the stressed out house sellers goes on and on....

(427 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:22:39

New thread!

Come share and despair smile

TillySwat Thu 05-Sep-13 10:31:31

Hello can I join you. We found out yesterday the sale of our house has fallen through, we think due to some survey issues but the ex-buyer is being thoroughly unhelpful by refusing to share any info..... we are in a very difficult position though as have moved into rented in order for my DD to start school this week... so costs are mounting and we are broke!
Any advice for us would be very much appreciated. We are dropping price from 165 to 160 and just praying it will go quickly..... sad

FCEK Fri 06-Sep-13 12:21:04

A viewer at 8 tonight!! grin

PastaBeeandCheese Fri 06-Sep-13 12:45:02

Well I've started packing today. MIL here looking after DD and DH has day off work.

I'd forgotten about half the crap I have in the loft which is good as I can get rid of it.

FCEK Fri 06-Sep-13 14:56:38

And other at 2 tomorrow grin

underthemountain Fri 06-Sep-13 15:49:43

Good luck fcek.

We are two months and ten viewers in. No offer yet but one 'note of interest'.

At what point do you think we should lower the price?

FCEK Sun 08-Sep-13 08:46:07

First couple were an older couple who didn't say much. Second couple were really young and seemed to really like it but neither couple indicated if they'd make an offer. We just have to wait and see.

agedknees Sun 08-Sep-13 19:48:43

We have put our apartment on the market 3 weeks ago. Only had 1 viewer yet. Have another viewer on Thursday. Is it ok if I join you ladies?

We are hoping to move into a mill conversion when we eventually sell.

orangepudding Mon 09-Sep-13 07:59:27

Hi all, I would like to join you.

I saw a house that I liked just over a week ago - we have been looking for nearly two years and finally found somewhere in budget in the right location! Now we just have to sell ours.

We had the house valued on Friday and will be having an open house next weekend. The EA did send someone over yesterday who made an offer two months ago on a identical house to mine but the sellers have not found anywhere to move to yet.

I have been furiously tidying and have never seen my house look so good, will be vey hard to maintain the look for too long!

Good luck to all buying and selling!

FCEK Tue 10-Sep-13 17:40:07

No further viewers/feedback/offers yet hmm

Our neighbours had surveyors in today. Their house is identical (apart from decor) same conservatory/decking/view. I'm now terrified it'll be on at the same time as ours, perhaps for less and people will chose theirs over ours hmm

agedknees Wed 11-Sep-13 19:29:27

Poor little steam cleaner has earned it's keep today. Keep your fingers crossed for us (have a viewing tomorrow).

FCEK Tue 24-Sep-13 10:13:12

Another viewer tonight smile. They had looked at another house nearby last night. Obv don't know what they thought of that but it's smaller and higher priced than ours.

cavell Tue 24-Sep-13 12:25:17

We think we have sold our house. The (very sensible) offer came seemingly out of the blue... I had already been thinking of taking the house off the market and waiting until the spring. So don't despair all of you! Eight weeks on the market has felt like much longer. Only about 8-9 viewings. But it only takes one - the right one- and the deal is done.

Only problem now is finding somewhere to move to. I haven't really viewed any houses up to now since we haven't been in a position to proceed. There doesn't seem to be anything around in the right location and at the right price.

underthemountain Tue 24-Sep-13 13:05:56

We are nearly at three months now, some interest but no actual OFFERS! Thinking of dropping the price but worried even that won't work. Annoying as we have found a reasonably priced place we like, not sure how long it will hang around for.

soverylucky Tue 24-Sep-13 17:04:22

we have accepted an offer but I am finding this bit the most stressful part as I just know the survey will throw stuff up.

FCEK Tue 24-Sep-13 18:01:41

Just as I'd finished cleaning, EA phoned to rearrange it for tomorrow night hmm

FCEK Wed 25-Sep-13 21:53:29

well they stayed longer than the previous viewers and had lots of positive things to say. So we'll see.

Its good that they are all being positive but don't know why no offers yet.

underthemountain Thu 26-Sep-13 17:28:08

Got an offer yet fcek? Our last viewers were so keen I could have sworn they would offer the next day-but nothing! No viewers lined up now, feeling frustrated.

FCEK Thu 26-Sep-13 22:03:07

nothing!

I'm so peed off! If its so 'nice' and so 'clean' with such an 'amazing view' then why the hell aren't you offering then.

grrr angry

Wondering what it is that's making them not offer sad. I know I should be glad I'm getting viewers but I just want away from here!

underthemountain Thu 26-Sep-13 22:06:28

I know EXACTLY what you mean! Maybe they are not in a position to make an offer yet? I feel embarrassed about the places we used to view before we were even up for sale blush.

FCEK Thu 26-Sep-13 22:07:17

underthemountain, I wonder if people hold off making an offer to see if you'll drop the price because so many other houses do.

It depends on how desperately you need to move. I want to move but I don't need to, I haven't gotten anywhere to move into yet, will start looking once this is sold. So I don't feel under pressure to reduce the price, not that I wouldn't be a bit flexible.

Is yours FP, O/O, or OIEO?

underthemountain Thu 26-Sep-13 22:27:04

Ours is 'in the region of' - which should give people the leeway to make SOME kind of offer. We are relocating so do have to move, level of desperation depends on how long we are ok living apart. In reality I do feel quite desperate as I want to get on with my life!

FCEK Thu 26-Sep-13 22:39:45

poor you! You could try an open day maybe? That's something we might do if its not sold by about 3 months

icklekid Fri 27-Sep-13 05:13:43

Ours took 3 months and we practically had daily viewings but only ever 1 offer! We lowered the price in the end which probably got us our buyer as she paid the oieo price...so frustrating as we had little negative feedback as well, next door but 1 also went on around the same time which didn't help! 3 months later were finally moving! You will get there smile

underthemountain Fri 27-Sep-13 08:20:03

Thanks ickle, that's reassuring.

FCEK Fri 27-Sep-13 09:23:07

Feeling more fed up and upset this morning as a house in my mums street has come up, which is where we want to stay (know everyone, DD knows their kids, near the school etc).

It'll be gone before we sell ours and its perfect too in terms of size, decor and price sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now