I have fallen in love with this kitchen

(96 Posts)
middleagedspread Thu 13-Jun-13 07:37:44

http://www.tomhowley.co.uk/kitchens/contemporary-shaker-kitchen/

I suspect it might be beyond my budget though.
Any comments?

Brugmansia Mon 17-Jun-13 08:03:32

If you don't mind me asking sybilwibble, what were Teddington kitchens prices like?

primallass Mon 17-Jun-13 12:36:50

If you buy Ikea carcasses you need to be good at DIY because they take hours to put together.

They really don't. We've fitted three now and I just build the units in front of the TV.

SamanthaJones Mon 17-Jun-13 13:11:43

I copied a Plain English kitchen and did the whole thing for £12k. You really wouldn't know it wasn't PE.

I got a local joinery company to make the carcasses and cupboards and a carpenter to fit it. It's quite similar to the OP

Will link

SamanthaJones Mon 17-Jun-13 13:13:01
middleagedspread Mon 17-Jun-13 13:45:29

Samantha those are stunning, which is yours?

SamanthaJones Mon 17-Jun-13 20:27:45

Mine isn't in there but is a copy of the blue one from Plain English

sybilwibble Tue 18-Jun-13 11:50:17

Brugmansia - difficult to judge cos we put in a very big kitchen. I believe I paid about 30-40% of what I would have paid from Martin Moore or Plain English or similar brand. I would highly recommend them. You can pm me and I will happily tell you more if you're serious about contacting them.
hth

excusememadam Sat 22-Jun-13 21:36:05

Hi-We're drooling over Plain English too, but the prices!!
Would seriously like to have the details of your guys.
BR

excusememadam Sat 22-Jun-13 21:38:56

Sorry
That was a message for sybilwibble!!
BR

Jellyfish22 Thu 12-Sep-13 10:02:48

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Yas333 Tue 24-Sep-13 09:47:37

I hope MoreBeta sees this. Can I ask which wholesale company your fitter friend uses for kitchen doors Also can I have his contact details

Ooh that's the one I fell in love with too but couldn't afford. It's sooooo beautiful!
We went with an ikea kitchen in the end as we wanted a local carpenter to make a similar version of the holy grail kitchen but couldn't afford that either.
Never again, ikea kitchen was such a faff and half of it was damaged

Sorry to chime in with my two cents but I was fairly kitchen obsessed when we had ours done last year! We Loved the plain English look but the prices... ouch. We had ours from Simon Benjamin Furniture and I couldn't be happier... all had made by them, all REAL no cheapy chipboard! We like devol too but SB were a better price and really nice quality. Again 30 - 40% less that PE.. They're www.simonbenjamin.co.uk, we got the classic kitchen.

Donkeywork Wed 04-Dec-13 20:16:09

I had to add to this thread as I have been having a Tom Howley kitchen fitted and am trying to find places to review them online. As yet Tom Howley have not finished my kitchen. The whole experience has been a nightmare from design to fitting there have been so many mistakes. Now 6 wks after the fit started I can't get them back to finish! They have damaged my house and refused to pay for redecoration, the fitters are exhausted and very annoyed at the company. We are now at the point of legal action. DON'T USE TOM HOWLEY, you will regret it.

Eastwickwitch Thu 05-Dec-13 07:17:10

Gosh Donkey that is awful.
Just shows all their marketing is just, well, marketing. TH kitchens look so gorgeous too.
Let's hope someone from the company reads this & resolves your problems.

Gosh Donkeywork that really is terrible! I hope your kitchen is complete now. Our Simon Benjamin fitters were in and out in a week and they were really pleasant so I feel like we were really quite lucky now... 6 weeks is a long time.

SidandAndyssextoy Tue 04-Mar-14 23:25:34

Can I ask a question of anyone who's used Handmade Kitchens? Do they negotiate on price at all, or are their prices straight off the list? I see they have a half price sale on at the moment! which seems to be a fairly frequent occurrence, but do they do deals on top of that? If they are a rare kitchen beast that actually charges the price they publish, I don't want to insult them by assuming otherwise.

BitOutOfPractice Tue 04-Mar-14 23:31:12

Think long and hard about n island. 2 friends of mine who have them say they spend half their life just walking round them to get anywhere

KMAP76 Mon 10-Mar-14 16:15:33

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my experience with Tom Howley in case anyone is thinking of using them. PLEASE PLEASE STEER CLEAR. They have been an absolute nightmare to deal with- they have left us with a half-finished kitchen, damage to our house, they have pushed the wood at the back of the cupboards so hard to make them fit that they have buckled. Their customer service has been the worst I've ever had to deal with- 6 weeks of silence to confirm our installation date despite my husband and I calling daily. Final plans sent 2 weeks before installation instead of 2 months- nothing professional about them whatsoever. If I had the benefit of hindsight I would go Martin Moore time and time again- or a similar more affordable option but never, ever Tom Howley.

loopy7979 Thu 20-Mar-14 15:03:01

Hi KMAP76, hope you don't mind me asking but which Tom howley store was this with, we're just about to place an order worth the Esher branch and reading your entry has made me very nervous! Thank you!

Donkeywork Wed 26-Mar-14 22:06:40

loopy7979 our order was with Esher. Don't do it. Worst company ever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now