How to haggle down the price of a kitchen? What discount did you manage?

(3 Posts)
sh77 Wed 22-May-13 22:14:30

I am looking for a handless kitchen. Went to Alno and fell in love with their designs. Someone will come to measure up but I have not mentioned my budget in case I get laughed at. How can I drive down the price?

Well, haven't haggled specifically on kitchens, but I do tend to haggle. Once they've given you a price, ask what's the best they can do. You need to have an exit price in mind though too.

If they claim the initial price is the best, then say you would like to give them the business, but the price is higher than you wish to pay. If they won't drop at all (and it is possible, given its Alno) then be prepared to walk away.

You will be able to get similar elsewhere, its just it may take longer so to do. Bear in mind as well that, as long as you don't get really poor quality kitchen units in the first place, the fitter is more important than the units themselves in terms of 'look and feel' for the finished product.

Sycorax Thu 23-May-13 09:33:41

We managed to get a discount on our generic Homebase kitchen by going back and forth between them and B & Q. I can't remember exactly how much the discount was but it was in the thousands, plus we got money off our white goods. Obviouslyit's more difficult with Alno. However if you can find broadly equivalent units elsewhere, you would be in a stronger position to negotiate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now