Windows that open inwards.

(10 Posts)
rubyrubyruby Sat 25-May-13 07:14:22

Perfect fit not going to work for us as wooden frames.

Not all windows need anything (not overlooked) so will probably utilise the large space above window to pull Romans up higher if necessary.

rubyrubyruby Thu 23-May-13 21:30:44

Ah - just googled.
Perfect fit are only for UPVC windows I think. Ours are wooden.

rubyrubyruby Thu 23-May-13 21:21:49

Great suggestions smile

I have just ordered perfect fit blinds, they look great, also have Roman blinds that are mounted flush with the ceiling so I can pull them right up above the window.

rubyrubyruby Thu 23-May-13 19:20:41

The perfect blinds look like a real possibility. Although I think I would like to see some in situ.

I don't particularly like window coverings anyway so possibly wouldn't need decorative ones too. What do you think?

MotheringShites Thu 23-May-13 18:42:24

I would try Perfect Fit blinds which you really can't see when they're open and then some decorative but not functional curtain.

rubyrubyruby Thu 23-May-13 18:40:39

Thanks for the suggestions.
Drapery rods could work.

The ceilings are high so would a roman blind that lifts above the window work do you think?

purplewithred Thu 23-May-13 08:07:33

Drapery rods can work - a pole that's hinged at the side so you can swing the curtain round out of the way. Brilliant for dormers may work for windows opening inwards too.

like this

BeanoNoir Thu 23-May-13 08:02:16

I got really frustrated with my windows that open inwards, because I like blinds that sit inside the frame. Curtains are good but you need enough space at the sides for the curtains to hang well away from the windows when they're open iyswim. Or a roller or slatted blind fitted to above the window frame and coming out at the sides further than the frame, then when the blind is up it doesn't get in the way of the windows opening.

rubyrubyruby Wed 22-May-13 21:15:06

Which window coverings would be best?

Curtains, Blinds, or some other bright idea?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now