Oak Furniture Land - any experiences?

(22 Posts)

Another thumbs up here - we got new bedroom and study furniture when we moved house last year. It's solid, seems to be wearing well etc. Enjoy!

OccamsRaiser Thu 06-Jun-13 03:09:22

Glad to hear that you're happy with it... we've since moved to Oz, and trying to find anything even vaguely comparable to add to the new place is proving rather difficult (well, without it costing a small fortune!)

RobinSparkles Wed 05-Jun-13 16:54:19

All of our bedroom furniture is from Oak Furniture land, including our bed. I love it.

It seems to be pretty solid.

CuddyMum Wed 05-Jun-13 16:44:56

Well, I ordered a lot of stuff and it arrived on Monday - just over a week later! It's great and looks very expensive. I'm glad we ordered it.

CuddyMum Tue 21-May-13 15:19:07

Oh I will. We have a whole dining room to fill! smile

wonkylegs Tue 21-May-13 15:04:10

Cuddy - let me know how it goes as I'm looking for some new bits for our new place and there's a store near the new house.

CuddyMum Tue 21-May-13 14:06:01

Oh if there are any problems, I'll camp out with my husband and two stroppy teenage daughters in their local store smile

Hanginggardenofboobylon Tue 21-May-13 13:35:32

I have used them a few times. Sideboards, bedroom furniture. Good value for money IMO. Some minor quality issues at times, eg slightly rough edge on some trim, but nothing major. Don't be fooled by the 'sale' though, it's like DFS they always have a sale on, those are the normal prices.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Tue 21-May-13 13:29:23

We ordered some furniture that turned up with one bit damaged. They replaced it and unfortunately the second one had similar damage. Obviously same shipment. They wouldn't send a third. Couldn't afford the free postage. I said not my problem, I want the piece, they wouldn't budge. We never did get the third bit of furniture and I wouldn't order with them again. They deliver for free cos they bump the price up but if you have a problem they won't deliver.

iwantanafternoonnap Tue 21-May-13 13:23:50

I have table, chairs, wardrobes, chest of drawers, bed and side tables all from there and it is all lovely and well made. When I get my extension all the furniture it will be coming from there to.

CuddyMum Tue 21-May-13 13:19:58

Think we will be ordering this Friday. Just need to do a quick measure up of the space when we move house on Thursday!

lucidlady Tue 21-May-13 07:16:14

Another one who bought online - bought the mahogany sleigh bed and bedroom furniture, plus a mango wood dresser. Great quality and great price!

CuddyMum Tue 21-May-13 07:13:39

Thank you everyone.

OccamsRaiser Tue 21-May-13 06:23:49

I ordered online in August 2010, using their 1 year interest-free facility - bought a table, 6 leather chairs, sideboard and lamp table, and got the free mirror included, and using a discount code so it was quite reasonable.

I've been really impressed with the overall quality and service - when it was delivered there was an issue with one of the runners on the drawers in the sideboard - after an email exchange and providing a photo, they gave me a small discount to cover the cost of repair. Word of warning though - it is bloody heavy to move! I was very very pleased that the delivery guys carried the sideboard up to my first floor living area as there is no way in hell I could have done it myself.

Nearly 3 years on, it has aged well and it still in really good nick. Thumbs up from me! Small note that there was a fee for paying off the interest-free loan before it converted to charging interest (facility fee or something, from memory - about GBP30)

Wandastartup Mon 20-May-13 20:02:32

We bought in the seconds warehouse too( half the price) with no obvious faults. I would struggle to pay full price but we had the advantage of being able to pop in until the bits we wanted were in stock. It's nice we'll made stuff.

Buttonsbythesea Mon 20-May-13 20:00:41

I ordered online about two years ago. Got coffee table tv unit thing sideboard dining table and chairs. Oh and massive free mirror! Really pleased with it all and love that finally have furniture that matches!

littlemissnormal Mon 20-May-13 19:55:27

Chippenham. It's hit and miss what they have in stock but we were really lucky in that we originally bought 6 chairs, then found another 2 matching them for half the price.
I also got a huge solid oak desk for £250 which should've been £800, just because there was a tiny chip on the side. It's fab!

Mrsladybirdface Mon 20-May-13 19:48:41

We've got a sideboard and it's great. service was good too because I needed a replacement piece and they sent it straight away.

lucky we have a showroom here

CuddyMum Mon 20-May-13 19:42:13

Ooh - we are after the extending dining table plus 8 chairs too. Where is the seconds warehouse located?

littlemissnormal Mon 20-May-13 19:34:04

Oh and we got a huge oak mirror free with our order!

littlemissnormal Mon 20-May-13 19:33:28

I have the rustic oak dresser (2 parts; sideboard and top) the extendable dining table plus 8 chairs and a little 2 drawer unit. They are fab, really well built and delivered quickly.
We're also lucky enough to live near their seconds warehouse so I've bought quite a few bits loads cheaper just because they have little chips on or are one of a missing pair.

CuddyMum Mon 20-May-13 19:29:31

We are looking for some furniture to match the Victorian house we are moving to (this week!) and have visited Oak Furniture Land. Like every other place, they have a sale on and some interest free options. I like the look and feel of the stuff but wondered if anyone had bought anything from there. The range we are looking at is the rustic oak. Thanking you all (again)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now