Sky, Broadband, Phone line- best companies?

(10 Posts)
ggirl Sat 04-May-13 22:55:28

Definitely do not go with talktalk.
Dh had the bright idea of getting rid of sky tv and going with talktalk for everything.
We have had so many problems with the broadband and we're locked into a 2yr contract....well done dh !!

Fiddlestickler Sat 04-May-13 22:51:17

Plusnet have been really good for us. A darn sight easier to speak to a human at customer services than if you phone bt - even though bt actually own them!

wonkylegs Sat 04-May-13 17:30:32

We've had Virgin cable bundle for years and it's really good especially for broadband. But I believe it can be location dependent and you must check it's virgin cable not virgin regular.
I've heard of customer service issues but we've never had a problem with it (got it when it was telewest 14 yes ago, then it was bought by virgin). In all that time we've had 2 regular boxes and a V+, replacement / upgrade each time was pain/hassle free.
It might be worth checking out with neighbours to see what it's like in your area.

fresh Fri 03-May-13 19:08:56

We have Sky TV because DH/DS1 are football nuts, but I can't bear dealing with their customer services so wouldn't want the broadband package. We've been with Eclipse for broadband for years and I luffs them.

PolterGoose Fri 03-May-13 18:12:37

We have Sky for TV and John Lewis phone and broadband, very happy with both.

papalazaru Fri 03-May-13 17:11:59

We are also I the same situation. In the past I have always gone for the bundle as I thought it was more convenient. However this time I looked at the last 2 months which mag as they just covered both tv and broadband/phone. Plusnet and zen come out tops for Internet I recall but with the tv it's harder to compare because (of course) the companies don't offer equivalent packages so I am still dithering over that.
Check out which - it'll be helpful.

Lily15 Fri 03-May-13 13:20:44

Oh sorry I see you can get TV on BT too

Lily15 Fri 03-May-13 13:20:24

What do you have for TV Alicewchild?

AliceWChild Fri 03-May-13 13:18:54

I refuse to get sky as I don't want to support the Murdoch empire. Have bt, always been fine.

Lily15 Fri 03-May-13 13:02:21

The time has come to install our phone lines and get our TV/Internet sorted but with so many options out there I'm at a loss....I was thinking of going for a Sky all in package to include TV, phone line and Internet instead of Sky TV and then say BT phone/Internet but there are so many option( anyone with Virgin media?) Would love some feedback x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now