lets talk dulux..whats in your room

(39 Posts)
Cuppycake10 Wed 01-May-13 15:39:33

Hi I am new to mumsnet! I thought I would post here first as I am having a spring clean and revamp around my home at the moment, I am repainting but finding it so hard choosing what clothes to go for.
I am painting:
kitchen
bathroom
hall ways
living room

I decided to go with dulux and bought a few testers the only one i liked out the 6 was almost oyster but still unsure, has anyone got almost oyster in there home?

I'd like to know which colours you went for i really dont know what I want so need inspiration smile

Thanks!
Lauren

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 02-May-13 17:58:32

We have Putting Green in the living room (just by the fireplace), Willow Tree in the play room, and Timeless in the kitchen and dining room.

I love Timeless, it is a perfect off-white.

Swanhilda Thu 02-May-13 22:39:55

The nice thing about Timeless is that you can use it on all the woodwork too, doors everything. And just have brilliant white ceilings to show that it is in fact not brilliant white wink I don't think you ever get bored of it. The difficulty comes when you try and mix it with another cream, that is the only reason we moved to Jasmine White, because of new kitchen cupboards being cream too!

Cuppycake10 Fri 03-May-13 13:37:56

oooh im wanting timless for the kitchen now!

UnrequitedSkink Fri 03-May-13 22:27:09

Soupdragon - does Nude Glow come up with a pinky or yellowy undertone? Trying to find a cream I like for my bedroom. So bloody sick of tester pots not coming out the same colour as the charts/labels!

ElectricSheep Fri 03-May-13 22:42:52

oh dear just clicked on the dulux link and read 'joyous touches of neon'

NO just NO.

UnrequitedSkink Fri 03-May-13 22:44:49

And thrice NO

grin

UnrequitedSkink Fri 03-May-13 22:45:59

I came back to ask if anyone had used Daffodil white? Sorry OP, I'm hijacking your thread, I'm in the middle of paint hell. sad

I may have to start a thread of my own.

BeanoNoir Fri 03-May-13 23:23:21

I like the Egyptian cotton because it's not too pinky. We have gentle fawn in lounge and diner which looks good there but when I tried it upstairs the light made it look pink which is why I changed to Egyptian cotton. But I can see how that might make it seem a bit grey if you prefer a warmer colour.

We have cookie dough in a large bedroom too. Is a deeper colour makes it quite cosy.

SoupDragon Sat 04-May-13 07:33:40

I would say Nude Glow is probably a faintly pink undertone. It is don't think it's yellow as it made the old cream paint look really yellow. Difficult to tell!

SoupDragon Sat 04-May-13 07:36:08

The problem is that paint looks different in different light and when it's next to different colours. I"ve often thought the colour on the wall looks different to the tester label but when I've held the label up to the wall, they look the same - it's just the expanse of colour and the light that makes it look different.

Minoan Sat 04-May-13 08:30:04

We've got:
Orchid white in our bedroom which is a cream with gold and pink in it.
Jade green in the kitchen and bathroom which I see as light sky blue with a hint of duck egg in the kitchen and as a tiny bit green in the bathroom
Pacific breeze in the living room which is a very very light sky blue
Jasmine white in the hall

In our old place we had daffodil white in the bedroom which was nice but very definitely yellow so only get it if you want to paint your room light yellow rather than a tinged white.

Minoan Sat 04-May-13 08:30:26

Nt jade green, jade white.

mewkins Sat 04-May-13 08:44:08

We used Almost Walnut (think that's what it's called) in hallway and dd's room- a lovely pale grey with a tiny hint of something! I love it

Goodwordguide Sat 04-May-13 09:39:15

I inadvertently ordered 27 (yes, 27) paint testers on the Dulux 3 for £1 special offer and have completely lost the ability to differentiate between the many many shades of white. I like deep colour but D doesn't so we have compromised on off-white.

I really liked the bird's egg teal but DH doesn't <sigh> so now we are thinking cornflower blue or Atlantic white for the playroom/second sitting room and bleached linen or bone china for the sitting room. I like the bone china but I think Dh will think it is too dark plushe hates 'greige' <deeper sigh>. The curtains are dusky pink but were the previous owner's and I don't think we can afford to replace them so we need neutral walls that would suit most curtains. The chalky white looks too pink but the colours do change enormously over the day.

DS wants his room yellow so may do daffodil yellow there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now