With the other second viewings coming up I would hesitate to cave too soon - if they don't still want in two weeks then they weren't the buyers for you anyway.
I would be tempted to say something like "We are unable to accept your offer and we were hoping to get much closer to £x. We have several more viewings coming up this week, but we'd be happy to hear from you if you can improve your offer even slightly, which will enable us to consider it seriously".
Allegedly we will hear from our prospective buyer on Friday (when they hear back from the council about extension possibilities). But we've been told we'd hear Wednesday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday etc for weeks now!
Got nine viewings booked for our house 's open day on Saturday! I'm going out on Friday overnight, was planning to come back about 2, think I'll have to hang around the back behind the bins until 430 when everyone has gone...
harder that sounds like a good open day, I hope you get some offers out of that!
can you believe that in a space of 5 weeks (before or buyer pulled out and after) we've had approx 60 viewings! We had 30 viewings then an offer which we accepted and then they pulled out and now about 30 viewings and had 2 low offers.
Well. The oddness with our prospective buyers continues! They've been waiting on a pre-planning application for about three weeks now with no hint of an offer except general keeness and good communication.
However, they came today on a third viewing and spent 50 mins here (small house!) measuring up for furniture, looking at the garage and the garden, and have said they will get back to us on Monday.
I'd say very hopeful. If they're measuring for furniture, they're picturing living there and they wouldn't have put in a pre planning app, if they weren't keen. Perhaps it all sits on the plans getting the green light? Hence no offer without the results. How long should it take?
Thanks turnip, hoping they are keen as they are renting and can move quickly - perfect buyers for us! It probably does hinge on planning. They keep being told two more days by the council and it's been that way for over two weeks, so I guess they've just got drawn into waiting.
I'm worried though as I can't really see the application being approved
what a great open day htk I'm pleased things went well, a bit of advice from my experience, don't just go for the highest offer, go for the people who are in the best position (I.e no chain) and who love it the most. I've heard of so many buyers who pull out that I think, if you have the luxury of choosing, a buyer who will do everything they can to make it happen is worth more than someone who makes a higher offer.
Totally peeved here, tidied the house today and planned our whole day around a viewing at 11am and they didn't turn up or bother cancelling. So frustrating
We're going on holiday next Saturday (yay) but I really want to get a buyer before then so we can relax a little bit!
Well, we're on the market. First viewing today at 5. I'm off sick today and had to haul myself out of my pit to tidy up. Bleugh. Glad it's underway though. If they don't show I'll cry. Or throw up. Or both.
well, the couple from last week have increased their offer by £1k rather than the £5k we countered with. To put it into perspective, this is 5% lower than the agreed price with our ex-buyer.
I have no idea what to do, we can still technically afford to move although it will eat into our renovation funds but if we don't move soon we will lose the house we want and the £3k of costs we've already incurred. And DS starts school in September so we would have to move mid year and find somewhere new when we searched thousands of properties online and this is the only one we liked.
We were given the advice (hard to take but probably correct!) that if you look back in a few years time, will you notice that £4k difference? In your situation, perhaps it might be better to accept it and move so that you keep the house you want to buy and don't lose your costs.
I think I would seriously consider it in your case turnip, if you can afford the move. You're buying into a new life here - if you're sure of the house/area you want then perhaps it's worth it. I guess it's half the cost of a bathroom/kitchen (unless doing it yourself - can you wait a bit longer?)
ghost you mean me right, not turnip?? I agree that in the long run its not a huge amount of money, it's quite scary as the new house is in a totally new area to us so I am getting a bit nervous but DH reminded me just how right the house felt the two times we've seen it and how much we loved the area.
we've asked the vendor to reduce his price and the EA to take a hit so if we can share the losses out then we will probably go for it. the buyers are ftb and have their mortgage approved and the EA says they love the house.