Hi I am currently in the process of applying for mortgage with nation wide, the financial advisor is coming out on Thursday to complete the application. We have been accepted for decision in principle (DIP). Need to pay for application process on Thursday and booking fee due to buying new build. I am worried about paying out (plus solicitors want 400 to start searchers etc) without being 100% we have mortgage offer!! Credit score is good, affordability is there. But some of threads on other sites are making me twitch. We need to provide 3 months pay slips and bank statements. My hubby has just started new job so getting a reference from his employer to give to. Did everyone worry like this?? What can make them say no once having DIP??
Buddha anyone getting a mortgage is in the same position so I wouldn't worry too much about your sellers.
my one piece of advice is to get a valuation only through your bank and if you want a survey to get it done separately. Valuations only can usually be done quicker than a survey and you can find your own surveyor who is available quickly.
Aw gawd, I'm stressing. We had an offer accepted on Friday afternoon, but not been able to get an appointment with Nationwide until a week later (this friday) he said that there is a delay on valuations at the moment.
Have i fucked this up by waiting too long? All you hear is that sellers pull out of buyers are not quick enough and I don't think I'm being quick enough.
I'm stressed already and not even really started yet. Give me
Paid our deposit yesterday, and all contracts exchanged a bit at how fast our bank called to enquire. Tried to make loan payment today, and bank appear to have blocked it common sense would dictate that in buying a house, there may be some higher levels than spending than usual you'd have thought
Got to go in branch and see them now, hope they money will still be available to send today
Well done pretty. Now our solicitor said we had to settle our credit card before, however, Nationwide said otherwise. We are moving tomorrow and the funds arrived at the solicitors today. It will be interesting to see if anyone checks to see if I have paid the credit card or not!
DH spoke to the solicitor yesterday, everything is to be paid beforehand. It's a store card and a credit account. Also going to have to gather together money for new nursery too. Current nursery is sort of pay as you go, they only needed a registration fee before she started, new one is a month in advance.
Oh Dear, what are missives? I thought I had received all docs from our Solicitor?
Today I started on the deep of our rental flat as I wish to get all our deposit back. The flat normally looks clean but the gunk that came from shower cubicle corner was shocking! I swear I got high on sniffing all of that bleach.
I called the education dpt and the school has space. We need the missives to prove we will be living there but I assume we won't get them until completion?! In which case, they might not get to start until new term anyway with possible 4wk processing time for school transfer in which case a 20mile drive to school each morning for 5wks (if we don't get extention on completion) or 2.5wks (if we manage to get the 2wk extention we are hoping for). Such a confusing business all this home buying!
The house we are buying has all been done up so we don't need to do any decorating! Maybe touch ups where dirty moving men will have left scuffs. I'm sure we paid dearly for a house that is already done up compared to a project but at least we can move in and just enjoy living in it immediately.
Today we bought a garden table with 6 chairs. DH was looking at chiminea as the only way can enjoy the new garden furniture is by keeping warm in this rubbish weather in our lovely new garden.
I'm bored with the packing and not looking forward to unpacking! Am packing to go on hols too as we go away two days after we move! I don't want to move again but I've said that before!! Once we're unpacked we can start making decorating plans
We too had the condition to pay off the £900 on my credit card but we had budgeted to pay it off anyway. I had been warned by another person who had just got one of the very low deposit products that if I was hoping for the same I should not have any other commitments apart from student loan.
Update from us, we exchanged on 15th May and we are to complete on 7th June. I was hoping to exchange b4 31st May but I believe there was issues further up the chain( new build at top of chain).
Cuddy congratulations on your progress, I hope to never have to go through what you have! It has been epic on our very basic, supposedly uncomplicated sale; probably 1st time buyer ignorance and not realising the amount if time spent waiting for other people to do their job. How are you getting on with the packing? I'm rather enjoying mine! 1st time for everything I guess,I'm sure I won't enjoy unpacking our the excitement wears off!
We have that too - they want a rather large credit card to be paid off. A bit silly really as that was why we borrowed extra so it can't all be paid off before completion, only afterwards.. The solicitor was worried about it but the Nationwide we quite blasé! We shall see what happens on completion day!!!