Perfect house and location but with busy-ish road in front.

(29 Posts)
Kinia Sun 07-Apr-13 21:56:35

We are thinking of buying a house in a lovely village but it's on a road separated from the main by a strip of grass and patchy trees. Not a madly busy road but the traffic is fairly constant. Does anybody live on a similar road. If yes, is the noise driving you mad?? The location is perfect though :-(
Any pointers and tips would be much appreciated.

MinimalistMommi Tue 09-Apr-13 12:23:33

I think you will definitely need to also if you're anything like me. Have you booked the refurbishment? I was told not to draughtproof my sashes bc once you have secondary glazing fitted it can lead to condensation between them. It's best to keep the draughts apparently.

soonbesailing Tue 09-Apr-13 12:38:09

No not booked yet, just had quotes for work, interesting, will have to look into this more.

LovePickles Tue 09-Apr-13 12:44:06

I live less than 50 yards from a mainline rail line, and I don't hear the high speed trains going past or those late at night freight trains when I'm inside the house. Good windows?

MinimalistMommi Tue 09-Apr-13 12:53:51

Yes soon definitely look into it more. They told me do not draught exclude existing windows as this creates a condensation trap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now