Removal quotes when divorcing and selling family home?

(6 Posts)
2013letsdothis Wed 03-Apr-13 13:47:39

Sherbet- everything will go to two different locations. Do you think it's better then that we do a joint contract with the removal co vs each of us having different removal companies? He's buying and I'll be renting, so I'm likely to be moving at an earlier stage so can unpack etc during the day so DC come to the new place with everything kind of sorted, unpacked etc....

sherbetpips Wed 03-Apr-13 13:31:01

Is everything being removed from the house? If half of it is staying then just let the guy know that when he comes round to quote so he takes that into account.
If you are both moving out then it is the same cost for the removal as normal but then a different cost at the end - will items go into storage or straight into two other locations?

2013letsdothis Wed 03-Apr-13 11:58:12

Thanks a lot both, will have a look at that link.

We're still living both in the family home <nightmare> so he will be taking half the stuff and I'll take the other half.

Putting everything I'm taking in one room is a good idea, might just do that...

Thanks again

aarenace Wed 03-Apr-13 11:48:31

Try www.removalshub.co.uk as they'll obtain instant quotes from different local companies. We are moving a 4 bed house 250 miles and it's going to cost £1,300+VAT including the packing.

specialsubject Wed 03-Apr-13 10:19:07

you mean that half the stuff is going and half is staying?

some quotes ask you to list in a fair bit of detail -how many beds etc. That would help you be more accurate.

as for the packing - best bet is to put all the small stuff in one room and say 'take all that', with labels on the bigger items.

2013letsdothis Tue 02-Apr-13 22:52:45

Self explanatory really ..... we are separating and will be moving out of the family home in hopefully a few weeks. Obviously everything from furniture to cutlery will be divided. I'm just wondering what the best way to get quotes for removal companies is; we might live in a three bed semi but contents will be halved... also I really want to pay extra for them to pack but not sure how that sould work, ie how would they know which things I'm taking? I cannot possibly sticker every single plate, glass etc that I'll be taking with me can I?

Any advice would be much appreciated, not really sure where to start and we have so much clutter.....

Thanks s lot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now