Our buyers are coming for another viewing tomorrow - gulp!!

(36 Posts)
doglover Sat 30-Mar-13 18:49:01

The couple buying our house (offered the asking price on their first viewing) are visiting again tomorrow. I'm petrified! On their first view, they LOVED it all and I can imagine they're returning to look with their heads this time!! They had a full survey on the property on Monday and I'm so scared that they'll be hoping to 'negotiate' on the price. Dh and I are in no position to do this, having had to offer more on our next house.
How do I 'play' their visit tomorrow? Dh is taking out the dogs and the estate agent will not be accompanying them. Shall I just politely show them in, let them wander and refer any questions back to the agents? TIA

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Tue 02-Apr-13 20:51:47

hmm Thanks LIZS

LIZS Tue 02-Apr-13 11:28:53
AndFanjoWasHisNameO Tue 02-Apr-13 11:27:26

Any news? Hope it was all a misunderstanding Dog smile

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 20:13:27

After stressing for a few hours, I texted one of the estate agents, explaining what hadn't happened!! They are open tomorrow and will phone our buyers to ascertain their position ..................... watch this space!! Many thanks for everyone's support. I promise to let you know tomorrow.

GreenEggsAndNichts Sun 31-Mar-13 19:55:26

Odd that there wasn't an exchange of phone numbers for this. When we were viewing and the owner was the one doing the viewing (on a weekend usually), the EA would ask if we wanted to trade phone numbers in case something came up, such as traffic etc. I know it's not ideal, and I'm sure there's a reason out there to not do this, but it made sense at the time.

Anyway, hope you can find out what happened!

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 17:58:09

That's what I'm holding on to !! Something else 'cropped up' which prevented them coming. ...................... fingers crossed ...............

flow4 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:55:29

Of course if you think about it dog, even if it was today, if they had a legitimate problem (illness, etc.) they wouldn't actually have been able to let you know, since the EA has been closed. hmm

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 16:36:03

Absolutely agree. We've tended to show people around when we've moved before and only been accompanied if property vacant. I'm praying that the estate agents will be open tomorrow so we can resolve this issue. Gosh, the stress!!!

magimedi Sun 31-Mar-13 16:18:36

i don't mind who does the first viewing, ea or owner. But if I am interested I do like to meet owners if at all possible - you can ask questions that ea's never seem to know & try & see if they are the type to gazump you.

dontwanttobefatandforty Sun 31-Mar-13 16:12:32

We have bought 3 houses now and an agent has only come with us if the house has been vacant. Maybe price bracket matters, ours tends to be on the lower end of the scale.

flow4 Sun 31-Mar-13 16:01:30

Oh dog, how frustrating. I hope people are right and they just got the day wrong.

I've just come back from viewing a house. I viewed one on Friday too, and I'll be viewing another tomorrow. For me, the Bank Hol is a perfect opportunity to do some house-hunting, and it has been a bit frustrating that the EAs are not all open - I haven't been able to do as much as I'd hoped.

Is it really common for agents to accompany potential buyers?! I've viewed 7 houses now, but only one of them with an agent - and that was vacant, so there were no vendors available to show us round.

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 15:37:42

That's interesting to hear, HM. Because we have dogs, we need to make sure that they are out of the house during viewings. After today, I may insist that the agent does accompany them in the future!!

HansieMom Sun 31-Mar-13 15:32:37

It is the estate agents job to be there. We sold a house once. Husband was here working and doing the house shopping. Cannot remember if they came later as couple. But then she asked to come to "measure for a sofa". She stayed for hours. I was busy with two year old and stayed busy in kitchen. She tried to get washer and dryer off me. I told her she was not getting MY washer and dryer.

After that, on next house, I said no when buyers wanted to come back by themselves. They can come with an agent.

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 15:26:56

Everything will be crossed ...................... xx

Coconutty Sun 31-Mar-13 15:25:07

I bet they come tomorrow, as Little said would be a bit odd to come on Easter day.

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 15:20:13

I just hope our estate agents are open tomorrow so we can find out what's happened. I so hope you're right, LC, and I was told the wrong day ..........

littlecrystal Sun 31-Mar-13 14:34:20

On Easter day?! They must have confused the days smile no one wants to do business on Easter day...

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 14:01:37

Thanks. They were due at 12:30.

Coconutty Sun 31-Mar-13 13:57:30

Don't panic, what time were they due?

FlatCapAndAWhippet Sun 31-Mar-13 13:54:03

What time were they due dog? I'd try not to worry too much at this stage, they were obviously committed to buying your house to offer the full asking price and have the survey done. If you're thinking that they are wanting to pull out of the sale because of something that has cropped up on the survey(?), it must be something significant and surely, that being the case, you would have an idea of that problem in any case. I also shouldn't imagine that they would arrange to come and see you if they were going to pull out, they'd just have informed the estate agent. Phew, I hate the nerve jangling house buying / selling process. Good luck. smile

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 13:29:57

Well, noone has turned up. I feel bloody furious and scared. The estate agents aren't open so we've nobody to contact to find out what's going on. Maybe they didn't reset their clocks? Yes, I'm clutching at straws here. I'm just so frightened that they've pulled out of our sale ........................

flow4 Sat 30-Mar-13 21:59:15

But don't worry, dog - if they've had a survey, they're obviously serious. smile

flow4 Sat 30-Mar-13 21:59:03

Wow, they made an offer after just one visit?! I made three, and brought a builder friend with me the third time... After all, as the vendor herself pointed out, we spend hours and hours planning a kitchen, or even researching a dishwasher, before we buy it... And then we spend about 20 minutes looking round a house before deciding to spend more money than we spend on anything else in our whole lives!

doglover Sat 30-Mar-13 20:15:37

Ohhhh, thanks, AFWHN! You're quite right - it IS tremendously exciting! Just hope I get some sleep tonight!! smile

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Sat 30-Mar-13 20:12:14

Ooh fabulous grin
Just make the place look and smell lovely, be welcoming but not overly enthusiastic about the business side if things unless they start talking about it. I just offered a general ' you know your way around this time, I'll be in the living room if you need me' whilst I sat on the couch with my heart thumping wink it'll be fine x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now