Our buyers are coming for another viewing tomorrow - gulp!!

(36 Posts)
doglover Sat 30-Mar-13 18:49:01

The couple buying our house (offered the asking price on their first viewing) are visiting again tomorrow. I'm petrified! On their first view, they LOVED it all and I can imagine they're returning to look with their heads this time!! They had a full survey on the property on Monday and I'm so scared that they'll be hoping to 'negotiate' on the price. Dh and I are in no position to do this, having had to offer more on our next house.
How do I 'play' their visit tomorrow? Dh is taking out the dogs and the estate agent will not be accompanying them. Shall I just politely show them in, let them wander and refer any questions back to the agents? TIA

flow4 Sun 31-Mar-13 16:01:30

Oh dog, how frustrating. I hope people are right and they just got the day wrong.

I've just come back from viewing a house. I viewed one on Friday too, and I'll be viewing another tomorrow. For me, the Bank Hol is a perfect opportunity to do some house-hunting, and it has been a bit frustrating that the EAs are not all open - I haven't been able to do as much as I'd hoped.

Is it really common for agents to accompany potential buyers?! I've viewed 7 houses now, but only one of them with an agent - and that was vacant, so there were no vendors available to show us round.

dontwanttobefatandforty Sun 31-Mar-13 16:12:32

We have bought 3 houses now and an agent has only come with us if the house has been vacant. Maybe price bracket matters, ours tends to be on the lower end of the scale.

magimedi Sun 31-Mar-13 16:18:36

i don't mind who does the first viewing, ea or owner. But if I am interested I do like to meet owners if at all possible - you can ask questions that ea's never seem to know & try & see if they are the type to gazump you.

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 16:36:03

Absolutely agree. We've tended to show people around when we've moved before and only been accompanied if property vacant. I'm praying that the estate agents will be open tomorrow so we can resolve this issue. Gosh, the stress!!!

flow4 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:55:29

Of course if you think about it dog, even if it was today, if they had a legitimate problem (illness, etc.) they wouldn't actually have been able to let you know, since the EA has been closed. hmm

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 17:58:09

That's what I'm holding on to !! Something else 'cropped up' which prevented them coming. ...................... fingers crossed ...............

GreenEggsAndNichts Sun 31-Mar-13 19:55:26

Odd that there wasn't an exchange of phone numbers for this. When we were viewing and the owner was the one doing the viewing (on a weekend usually), the EA would ask if we wanted to trade phone numbers in case something came up, such as traffic etc. I know it's not ideal, and I'm sure there's a reason out there to not do this, but it made sense at the time.

Anyway, hope you can find out what happened!

doglover Sun 31-Mar-13 20:13:27

After stressing for a few hours, I texted one of the estate agents, explaining what hadn't happened!! They are open tomorrow and will phone our buyers to ascertain their position ..................... watch this space!! Many thanks for everyone's support. I promise to let you know tomorrow.

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Tue 02-Apr-13 11:27:26

Any news? Hope it was all a misunderstanding Dog smile

LIZS Tue 02-Apr-13 11:28:53
AndFanjoWasHisNameO Tue 02-Apr-13 20:51:47

hmm Thanks LIZS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now