Corner sofas - why are they so popular?

(30 Posts)
LittleFrieda Wed 13-Mar-13 12:18:13

They are everywhere. Ugh.

GreenEggsAndNichts Thu 14-Mar-13 21:59:04

FierceBad am so glad someone else had the same thought grin

I have mixed views on corner sofas. I love the one a friend of mine has, it divides the room well and it's very sociable (four of us get together regularly and we all have plenty of space to deal with her dog leaping at us randomly!)

I have two sofas in pretty much the same formation, so I'm not sure why I don't want one for myself. I think in the end we'll get rid of one of the sofas and get two armchairs, but I'm still undecided. obviously.

CointreauVersial Thu 14-Mar-13 22:12:24

Love mine!

There are five of us, so we need two sofas. The only two walls in the living room that could take sofas are at right-angles to each other, and before we bought the corner sofa we had a little empty pointless square in the corner, where the arms of the two sofas touched.

Our corner sofa is a modern, fairly minimal design, with no squashy ruched bits, and looks lovely, imho. But it is dark brown leather. And I have twigs' n' shit, so there.wink

Glittertwins Sat 16-Mar-13 07:44:50

Conventional sofas don't fit in our room. We used to have a large sofa bed and two chairs when had my flat but the shape of room made it awkward to walk round to get to the dining table. The corner sofa gives us the seating room we need without the problems.

DizzyHoneyBee Sat 16-Mar-13 21:26:38

Because they are big and you can sleep on them when you are not well, you can share them with children and both stretch out your legs without kicking each other. I used to have one but exchanged it for having the new floor fitted for free; it was an inch too long to fit in my new house sad
Now we have a two seater and an arm chair plus a couple of bean chairs.

MrsSonky Sat 16-Mar-13 21:27:47

I've got the Karlstad one from Ikea in beige! And I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now