Colour scheme to go wth Dark Blue Aga

(15 Posts)
BikeRunSki Sun 10-Mar-13 15:28:22

I know two kitchens with dark blue Agaa. One has terracotta walls, clay quarry tiled floor and pale blue and cream highlights. Its v similar to what KellStar described. The other is very similar but much smaller. It has cream walls, Delft tiles and quarry tiled floor.

inthewildernessbuild Sun 10-Mar-13 15:23:31

oh yes, Dh has vetoed delft hmm
But mistyblues greys maybe?

inthewildernessbuild Sun 10-Mar-13 15:22:32

So with white cupboards, dark blue Aga, and a limed oak floor, what sort of wall colour? Any stone colour paint recommendations? Or apricot/terracotta?

noddyholder Fri 08-Mar-13 21:27:22

I put the in one of my very first jobs (refurb) and afaik they are still there The woman who bought the house bought it for them which was lucky as I just loved them and once they were up wasn't sure if they wouldn't appeal to buyers. I really like them

inthewildernessbuild Fri 08-Mar-13 21:17:44

anyone tried delft tiles?

Toomuchtea Fri 08-Mar-13 14:05:25

I had a pale sage-y Laura Ashley green with my blue Aga, and we really liked it. We had a few shocking pink bits and bobs around. It looked better than it sounds, honest! <wondering if perhaps it didn't and everyone was too kind to say>

inthewildernessbuild Fri 08-Mar-13 13:13:43

That's interesting Noddy. Which means I might be better off with white cupboards than cream, which is the vital decision!!! I am an 80's teen so may be veering back to the safest remembered option, which is not necessarly best one.

The Aga colour is quite a petrolly navy, because it is glossy, so I'm not sure whether to make everything else in the room matt, or introduce other shiny surfaces, like the worktops and doors. The Aga is quite old and shabby btw, so I don't want the rest of the room to make it look too greasy and marked by being too smart...

noddyholder Fri 08-Mar-13 12:56:17

I agree if you want a bit of colour pink would be my choice too smile

noddyholder Fri 08-Mar-13 12:55:29

I like stone and white with navy. Anything creamy or yellow looks a bit 80s.

How about sage-y grey-y greens? Veering towards duck-egg blue but on the green range iyswim?

How about sage-y grey-y greens? Veering towards duck-egg blue but on the green range iyswim?

KelleStar Fri 08-Mar-13 12:34:42

similar to this on phone so not sure if link works

KelleStar Fri 08-Mar-13 12:30:26

My gran has the most amazing kitchen, dark blue aga, the tiles are cream and coral with a light blue and a navy blue, it's hard to describe as they are from the 50's but a really pretty star/snowflake type shape, they were handmade and she brought them back from Malta when they were posted there. The coral really goes with the blue, but the cream provides balance. Units are cream, surfaces oak.

inthewildernessbuild Fri 08-Mar-13 12:22:56

I'm thinking pale beige/parchment for walls, but I need something a bit more exciting somewhere to stop it all descending into safe sludge tones. Don't like bright mustard yellow with blue btw.

Are there any greens or pinks which go with dark blue aga?

inthewildernessbuild Fri 08-Mar-13 12:20:42

Trying to plan new kitchen. Room is quite small, 4.6 m x 4, and will have table for six in it.
We want white or cream cupboards, and limed oak flooring, as it is quite a dark East facing room.

So how to tie in the Aga which we are moving from another room in the house? Existing scheme was cream tiles which looked v nice and yellowish sandy wall, but don't want to repeat the yellow sandy walls in new room!

What colours will make that rather strong dark blue sing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now