Credit Check - Late Payment

(4 Posts)
jenbird Thu 07-Mar-13 21:51:50

Thank you. You have put my mind at ease. I

popserinis Thu 07-Mar-13 21:10:55

One late payment shouldn't make a difference, may not even be reported. Get a copy of your credit report o check, it could put your mind at ease

financialwizard Thu 07-Mar-13 21:09:20

If it was paid within a month of it being due I doubt very much that it would show on your credit report as missed.

jenbird Thu 07-Mar-13 21:06:51

We are just about to apply for a new and rather large mortgage (only got 10% deposit and both self employed though with 2 years accounts). We (I) use our joint credit card regularly and always pay it back in full each month. Very annoyingly we used it to pay for a holiday which we had booked with friends a couple of months ago. My friend transferred her money online but on the day I went to pay the credit card bill her money wasn't showing in our account. So stupidly I thought I would wait until the next day to pay it when the money was there so we didn't go overdrawn. I completely forgot and only remembered 5 days later by which time I had missed the payment deadline. I paid it in full as soon as I realised but still received a late payment letter from the bank. My dh is the main cardholder so it will show on his credit rating not mine. Both our credit ratings were previously excellent. Have I jeopardized our chances of getting our mortgage?? I am panicking over this as it will be for our forever house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now