Oh, my giddy aunt. Anyone fancy a renovation project?

(15 Posts)
MmeLindor Fri 08-Mar-13 22:20:00

It is interesting, cause we are slightly more immune to the madness up here in Scotland.

A house like that would take a while to sell up here, I think

I live in London and that will sell quickly, but I thinks its complete madness, at the end of the day its a bog standard house. London is ridiculously overpriced, sadly, I think we`ve had enough and are beginning to talk about moving on and out.

lalalonglegs Wed 06-Mar-13 13:47:26

Yeah, they'll do an open day and take sealed bids afterwards. These things are subjective but it doesn't look too bad - I've bought worse wink.

MmeLindor Tue 05-Mar-13 22:44:18

Notgood
I know. We are used to high prices, having lived in Duesseldorf, Geneva and Munich but London is something else.

Lala
really? Wow.

lalalonglegs Tue 05-Mar-13 21:03:31

That's pretty close to me - I expect it will sell for more than that (if anyone's dumb enough to buy off Foxton's hmm).

That first house is hideous MmeLindor, and not even very big. OK from the front, but 850k!!! If we lived in London we'd have to sleep in our car - and we're on good salaries. Who buys these?

MmeLindor Mon 04-Mar-13 22:04:41

Ha. If I were to tell Londoners what we paid for our house, they would faint. Or book a flight to move to Scotland.

ILikeBirds Mon 04-Mar-13 22:02:48

I often have to remind myself that when someone goes "Omfg at the price!!!" they think the 300k price is cheap rather than expensive smile

MmeLindor Mon 04-Mar-13 21:59:45

You'd get several decent houses for that price up here.

Tempted by this one, if only for the wine cellar

IncognitoIsMyFavouriteWord Mon 04-Mar-13 21:54:27

You'd get two stunning houses round here for that price.

And you're right I'd pick yorkshire over London any day!

MmeLindor Mon 04-Mar-13 21:52:58

Flossie
it is nutty, isn't it?

Sppp
I don't have £850k kicking around, sadly. I do have a house to renovate, so am looking at houses to get some ideas.

sppp Mon 04-Mar-13 21:50:21

That's London for you.

It doesn't look too bad. I've seen far worse. A lick of paint and you could be laughing. There are no wolves in the dining room. If £850k gets you a stunning house where you are then I suggest you buy one of them.

Flossiechops Mon 04-Mar-13 21:48:31

I can never get over London prices and that people pay nearly a million quid for a tiny terrace. Madness but somebody is bound to say 'it will be snapped up in days!'

MmeLindor Mon 04-Mar-13 21:42:31
MmeLindor Mon 04-Mar-13 21:41:13

850k???!!

You'd get a stunning house for that price around here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now