Art studio in back of garage? Planning/Neighbours

(3 Posts)
Lily15 Wed 27-Feb-13 21:04:39

Ah well it did but we took it down to reach the back of the house for an extension. We are required to replace it at the same width/height/style as before.

ILikeBirds Wed 27-Feb-13 20:53:50

The garage already exists though, doesn't it?

Lily15 Wed 27-Feb-13 20:50:58

We are in a detached house with detached garage up against the boundary line/fence of our neighbours land. DH would like to make the back 1/3 of the garage into a small studio ( he's an artist) Somewhere to store his equipment and to work in peace! He would want to install a small sink and the door into the room would be facing our house ( not visible from neighbours side)

I've checked planning regs and it all seems ok apart from the bit that says an outbuilding cannot be within 1m of the boundary line ( the garage is right up against out fence) I guess it counts as an outbuilding? Within the garage?!

I wouldn't be worried if it weren't for our horrible nosey neighbours. If they realise what we are doing or have done they will be onto the council in a shot. Would we have anything to worry about?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now