Art studio in back of garage? Planning/Neighbours

(3 Posts)
Lily15 Wed 27-Feb-13 20:50:58

We are in a detached house with detached garage up against the boundary line/fence of our neighbours land. DH would like to make the back 1/3 of the garage into a small studio ( he's an artist) Somewhere to store his equipment and to work in peace! He would want to install a small sink and the door into the room would be facing our house ( not visible from neighbours side)

I've checked planning regs and it all seems ok apart from the bit that says an outbuilding cannot be within 1m of the boundary line ( the garage is right up against out fence) I guess it counts as an outbuilding? Within the garage?!

I wouldn't be worried if it weren't for our horrible nosey neighbours. If they realise what we are doing or have done they will be onto the council in a shot. Would we have anything to worry about?

ILikeBirds Wed 27-Feb-13 20:53:50

The garage already exists though, doesn't it?

Lily15 Wed 27-Feb-13 21:04:39

Ah well it did but we took it down to reach the back of the house for an extension. We are required to replace it at the same width/height/style as before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now