What to do about my stupid window?

(12 Posts)

You can do frosted glass effects quite easily with spray paint. Just mask off the frame if it's already painted, and spray a layer or two. When dry, stick on a stencil and spray again.

what about a simple blind?

like the stained glass idea!

Pyra Wed 27-Feb-13 15:20:04

These do look good - your window will look like artwork smile

Methe Wed 27-Feb-13 11:01:34
Methe Wed 27-Feb-13 10:59:43

Looking though it isn't important really.. all it looks out over in the back of my garden swing and my neighbours wall. I've never heard of decorative film so i'll investigate that. The comment about the stained glass got me thinking that maybe I could make something like that with the kids?

Pyra Wed 27-Feb-13 10:56:14

How about a decorative window film? Unless you want to be able to look outside through the glass.

MrsJollyPostman Wed 27-Feb-13 10:36:17

I'd put something decorative in front that covers most of the window.

Methe Wed 27-Feb-13 10:25:01

we've got a lamp in there at the moment so maybe just stick with that. It just looks so bare! I like your idea of the bottles star.

Startail Wed 27-Feb-13 10:21:45

I don't have any window dressing on my tiny window at all.

I just stick pretty tall coloured glass bottles and vases on it.

My grandparents little windows were stained glass and didn't have curtains.

I have wondered about a roman blind, but only because people occasionally use my living room as a guest room and the bit of card board isn't very elegant.

Curtains would look daft hanging in the middle of a bit of wall or stuck in the book case.

Methe Wed 27-Feb-13 10:13:55

We have considered that option but that would leave a massive expanse of wall and less light. I think whoever designed our house copied their primary school age childrens house pictures. Our windows are all odd sized.

PigletJohn Wed 27-Feb-13 10:09:36

Brick it up.

Methe Wed 27-Feb-13 10:03:16

In my living room there is a set of french doors and a ridiculously small window. We are in the process of ordering curtains for the french doors but I have no bloody idea what to do about the window. It is tiny .. 43cmx85cm confused. I had initially planned to put short curtains up there but read on another thread on here that short curtains are 'naff' (not that I give a shit.. oh no wink)

Any other ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now