How long should I wait?!

(26 Posts)
hopefulhousehunter Tue 19-Feb-13 12:52:01

In a nutshell:

Called developer on Thursday morning to make very cheeky offer on partially completed property.

Developer did not laugh and hang up shock Will crunch some numbers and get back to me.

hhh firmly crosses fingers and waits.

Still waiting over weekend.

Now drumming crossed fingers and feeling impatient.

I've put the ball firmly in his court and don't want to seem desperate/overly keen so am reluctant to call him again. But how long should I wait? How long does it take to re-calculate the cost of completing a build and selling etc? The property's been on the market for a long time, and AFAIK this is his only offer. So perhaps he's not feeling in a hurry to deal with it. But I am!! Should I give him a nudge? And if so, how to do it without compromising my 'poker face'?!

Help!

Jaynebxl Fri 08-Mar-13 17:35:48

Our estate agent reassured us when we were wondering whether to put our house on the market by saying we could always see what interest there was then say that we would accept an offer subject to our purchase, ie subject to us finding something to buy. That way we would be upfront about the fact that we might not move as quickly as some people would like. That helped me feel brave enough to put ours on the market but as it turned out, in between getting the EA round and actually getting our house on the market we had an offer accepted on a lovely house so it never came to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now