Do you think £225k is a reasonable offer on this house?

(32 Posts)
Inthepotty Sun 17-Feb-13 16:57:22

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25875561.html/nomsite

We have just put our house up for sale- had 6 viewings over the weekend, got a second viewing on Tues. I really like the above house, it's nice and light, good 'feel' and garden is much bigger than av for my area. But it'd need new kitchen, downstairs loo sorting, and loft is only partially converted. DH is a joiner, BIL a builder, they reckon £17-25k to finish it up to a forever home for us.

What do u all reckon?

AgathaF Wed 27-Feb-13 09:21:28

Property 1 looks like you couldn't actually do much to it - hemmed in both sides - plus very overlooked.

Property 2 looks like you could do lots to it - has space around it - nice garden and more private too.

Property 3 also looks like you could extend up or out if you wanted too. Does look a bit overlooked at the back though.

All seem expensive for what they are.

Would buying a much smaller place and extending work? What about self build - is there any land available in the area?

nilbyname Wed 27-Feb-13 09:27:37

I would go for no 1 as the view and that open space at the back is amazing. It would make me feel really calm and I like that.

I think it has enough done to it that you could live there and spend ££on it as you go along. Kitchen is a priority though! If it had a designer kitchen in it it would probably go for full asking so.....I think £220 is a good offer.

Inthepotty Wed 27-Feb-13 14:17:59

No land anywhere round here- owned by Church, which is why pretty much every house has small gardens and overlooked!

Property one would need a new kitchen, downstairs loo and loft finishing, plus all of upstairs re dec; there's a reason why only one bedroom is shown. We could do lots ourselves as DH is a joiner/carpenter and hand builds wooden kitchens, BIL a builder, my little sister just married a plasterer. I could make the teas!

Property 2 is pretty much what we live in now, a 3 bed detatched on same estate! the gardens are much smaller than they look and its just dark, not a nice 'feel'.

Loathe to go option 3 as she wants full price, there's no bath, just shower rooms, and no parking. We need parking!

Inthepotty Wed 27-Feb-13 14:18:48

Have just accepted an offer on our house of £227. So property 2 def overpriced!

Inthepotty Wed 27-Feb-13 14:23:08

It was on for £235 if that helps understand market- we've been up less than a month.

AgathaF Wed 27-Feb-13 14:44:12

Well, you're in a good position then, having an offer on yours, so you could go in with quite a low offer on the property you like and just see what happens. You can go up if necessary, but not down grin.

Fluffy1234 Wed 27-Feb-13 14:49:28

I like property 2 the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now