rewiring costs for a 60's flat

(5 Posts)
msbrightside Mon 11-Feb-13 14:47:00

i'm in the process of buying a 60's flat and realised the wiring is really dated.
has anyone had rewiring done recently? i'm in need of a guesstimate of work involved to rewire a 2 bed 2 level apartment in sw london..
this is my first renovation project, new kitchen/bathroom/heating/windows etc, all of which i can tot up basic costs but i'm not sure about the wiring - any advice greatly received smile

Leah4 Wed 13-Feb-13 18:14:13

Hi, i can recommend a qualified and registered electrician who works in thay area, and has done many rewires. He can provide you with a quote and further details. He has installed an alarm and does sone rewiring at my house. If you would like his details, let me know.

Coconutfeet Wed 13-Feb-13 20:33:24

I've just been quoted £3250 to rewire a 3 bedroom terrace in London. Reputable electrician.

msbrightside Fri 15-Feb-13 19:13:07

thanks for the responses Leah4 & coconutfeet - very helpful smile
yes please to the guys number, i'll give him a shout closer to the time
next stop heating system, windows, kitchen & bathroom..gulp!!

Vivien499 Wed 09-Oct-13 15:02:58

I am doing the same as msbrightside above...ie completely rewiring a 60's 2 bed flat in SW London...would welcome any advice on approximately what I should pay and any recommendations on qualified electricians. Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now