Help me find a nice (and safe) fireguard please

(5 Posts)
piprabbit Mon 11-Feb-13 15:58:06

We had a Clippasafe extendable one. Not hugely attractive, but very effective and we had the bronzy colour one so it wasn't as harsh looking.

IceNoSlice Mon 11-Feb-13 15:53:08

Thanks Scotch!

SCOTCHandWRY Mon 11-Feb-13 13:42:46

Google babydan baby gate. They come in expandable packs to fit any shape and are not that expensive.

We got 2 large packs for closing off our open lounge, stair area, one over a gap of about 5 ft the other a bit bigger and with funny angles. They worked so well that we bought the fire guard pack and some extra lengths so we could enclose the woodstove and the log and ash bins!

When you measure up, make sure you allow for the length of a toddlers arm reaching through- don't try and make the guard too small!

IceNoSlice Mon 11-Feb-13 13:35:15

Bump?

IceNoSlice Mon 11-Feb-13 08:41:42

Wood burning stove. 6mo baby, currently sitting up but hopefully crawling in the next few months.

So... Where should I look for a fireguard? Do you have a nice one to give me ideas? I think I'm after something where we can still see the stove (not hidden away completely!)

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now