F&B Pitch Blue for my bedroom

(9 Posts)
HeavenlyWineandRoses Mon 04-Feb-13 08:57:27

My bedroom furniture is off-white (I no longer really like it but it was expensive when I bought it six years ago so I'm stuck with it for at least another six sad); windows are a chalky white and I'm thinking of investing in some nice white bed linen from The White Company. Crucially, I have just bought a gorgeous wool blanket in apple green and off-white and the blanket looks lovely with the pitch blue paint.

Will the colour ever feel oppressive? Any other thoughts?

Elliptic5 Mon 04-Feb-13 14:34:31

Depends on floor colour, how much light in the room and which way it faces, and of course what mood you're aiming for. I painted one of my bedrooms really dark pink once but I couldn't live with it as there was not enough natural light.
It does sound as if it could work though.

HeavenlyWineandRoses Mon 04-Feb-13 14:48:42

Thanks - that's helpful. The room is very light and has light coloured pine floorboards. Any mistake will be costly though as I expect it will take about twenty coats to get back to where I started.

Rhubarbgarden Mon 04-Feb-13 23:10:39

I think it might be rather cold.

Yfronts Tue 05-Feb-13 17:29:27

I like it

herhonesty Tue 05-Feb-13 18:32:35

Have it in my front door. Lovely colour but I wouldn't think of of it as bedroom colour. What about Hague blue...

fresh Tue 05-Feb-13 19:07:42

Have painted DH's man-cave in it. The room is south facing and gets lots of light and it's not gloomy at all. Ceiling and woodwork are white, he has a sand coloured carpet and a kilim. It's cosy at nighttime too.

Go for it, it's quite a 'lively' blue so it's not dull or cold.

betterwhenthesunshines Wed 06-Feb-13 08:19:39

I think it looks lovely, it will be great on cosy winter evenings. But you have to wake up in a bedroom too so I wouldn't make it too dark all over. I know you have white furniture and light bedding - what curtains are you planning? I would also keep these a light colour fabric.

fresh Wed 06-Feb-13 16:03:40

Agree with that. If you look on my profile, there's a pic of the curtains in that room, which are white with a blue pattern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now