ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

anyone know anything about taunton?

(6 Posts)
tilder Sat 02-Feb-13 22:28:24

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but does anyone know the villages around taunton? I have been offered a job there and looks like we are relocating. I have had a look on line and like the sound of the schools to the west (we are looking for state).

Any idea on villages?

Tia

PrincessScrumpy Sun 03-Feb-13 17:00:07

Just avoid Bridgwater - cheap houses but there is a reason for that!

tilder Mon 04-Feb-13 09:21:17

Thanks princess. I think I should have posted in mn local. There isn't a taunton but have found some stuff on the Somerset page so will have a look over there.

ForeverProcrastinating Mon 04-Feb-13 20:42:57

We relocated to Taunton from Surrey 7 years ago and have no regrets. We moved into rented first and then bought once I sent DH on a merry house hunt, god knows how many he viewed before we bought where we are now (3 miles north of Taunton). IMO best schools are Heathfield and Castle, but both catchments are getting tighter and there are many new houses being built on the edges of the town. I work in the property industry for my sins, so ask away if you want to know more.

tilder Tue 05-Feb-13 08:08:33

Thanks forever. I have found the primary catchment maps on line but not the secondary. Do they have maps? Sounds like boundaries change anyway.

ForeverProcrastinating Thu 07-Feb-13 19:10:26

I'm a bit out of touch with primaries, I have to choose my first secondary this year and that's enough grief.

I think the boundaries may change, try the Somerset County Council website or the individual school website, the Ofsted site may help, not sure. When I went to the secondary open mornings last Sept/Oct, some of the schools had catchment maps. I've concluded that we need to decide on the school we want and live as close to it as possible! Or plan B, go to appeal, then appeal again.

Good luck and ask if you want to know more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now