Rug recommendations

(13 Posts)
DoNotDisturb Wed 30-Jan-13 11:56:19

I want a big rug for a room with wooden floors. Something thick and luxurious.

I've seen nothing nice in the shops. Lots of lovely looking rugs on websites.

Has anyone bought a rug online or got any recommendations?

Ta in advance!!

Nancy66 Wed 30-Jan-13 12:33:04

Dwell have some lovely rugs

www.therugcompany.com

have some beautiful rugs but they are serious £££

Partridge Wed 30-Jan-13 13:18:28

If you join achica they have rugs there every week.

DoNotDisturb Wed 30-Jan-13 13:46:09

Nancy have you bought from either? They do look lovely. It's such a Shame you can't touch things on the Internet..

I joined achica ages ago but have to admit I don't fully understand it.. I think I'll have to investigate further.

Ta

wendybird77 Wed 30-Jan-13 14:43:26

We are planning on getting one from John Lewis, but from their on-line only range. I'm comforting myself with the fact that I can try and return if it doesn't work. You can return to any online dealer - the rules are different for on-line purchases. They can charge you for return delivery and restocking I think. Just make sure you understand the returns policy before buying!

Nancy66 Wed 30-Jan-13 14:49:52

I have bought from Dwell - (the Chenille twist rug) and it still looks good after three years and is easy to hoover.

DoNotDisturb Wed 30-Jan-13 15:13:51

Oo thanks nancy. Good to know. Off to surf.

Wendybird. I hadn't even looked at John Lewis as assumed it would be very expensive but off to have a peek now.

georgedawes Wed 30-Jan-13 15:43:54

How much do you want to spend?

We have one of these and it is absolutely gorgeous (best to call and see what ones they have in stock, they will send pics if you're interested).

www.skyeskyns.co.uk/shop.asp?cat_id=1&sub_id=4&prod_id=23#.UQk_oL_TKSo

Wow georgedawes those are amazing!

georgedawes Wed 30-Jan-13 20:22:01

They're gorgeous aren't they? We went on holiday and were blown away by them. We have a brown mosaic one and it is just gorgeous.

georgedawes Wed 30-Jan-13 20:23:37

How many times can I post gorgeous on one thread?! I don't work for them, honest! I do have two other sheepskins of theirs though!

DoNotDisturb Thu 31-Jan-13 12:59:38

They are lovely. Think I need something bigger though. Although may have to find somewhere to fit one in grin

maxmillie Thu 31-Jan-13 13:40:39

I bought a large one for a similar room from the Rug Company www.therugcompany.com

The large ones are pricey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now